£80,000 in 4 years

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks savingholmes .The most important thing is that we are earning money and if its going to everyday living ,savings or OPs ,its all good news plus decluttering too 
    Looking forward to you joining me soon STSS 
  • try_harder
    Half way through week three and all going reasonably well...This week i have paid the full £400 in to the mortgage as an OP so no PB  bought this week .Food has been slightly less good and now only have ten pounds left until Friday. 

MC ..Half way through the week and ive made just over £80 ,so far this week I sold a couple of things and i received some income from three of my funds in my ISA  so almost at the hundred mark ,i still have today ,wednesday ,thursday and friday to go so fingers crossed .
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like it is going very well
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • try_harder
    savingholmes ..Thank you ,not too bad at the minute ,mind you we are only in week three
  • try_harder
    Round up for week three ..£400 has been sent as an OP to the mortgage and i saved around ninety pounds from various sources of which fifty poundish came from selling ..I added another ten pounds from my monthly food budget to make the hundred and sent that to my ISA so another great week now to keep that food budget down ,as always im finding that the hardest challenge.
  • savingholmes
    Well done. I imagine it gets more challenging as you go on. Well done on the selling. I'm trying to sell and trim down the buying!! Bought a few things today though!
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • try_harder
    Thank you savingholmes ..It does get more complicated yes as i have also bought a few small pieces with some of the money i have earnt from the selling so now i have to sell them and hopefully make a profit on them but im not too worried as i dont have to rush to sell and i try to buy things that i know i will at least get my money back ..I still buy things too ,i bought myself a couple of dresses today they were in the sale though ..What have you been buying ?
  • savingholmes
    I gave in and bought 4 see through plastic baskets - as part of my organising mission. They were £2 each so not horrific. Chocolate also fell in my trolley along with the bin bags I actually went in for.
  • try_harder
    savingholmes ..We can definitely let you off there as they were very reasonable and very useful ,chocolate not so good but very nice
  • hi TH well done on your sales - i'm still thinking what i can use for my starter money  :) I may use the money from the sale of some things as the end objective will still be the same - increase personal wealth. I just need to get back on a bit of an even keel. 

I can now confess i spent 21p on cake! It was reduced and i did share it but i didn't need it! I know it's 21p but it's the pattern of behaviour that i'm trying to break - buying something i don't need because it's a bargain.

Are you paid weekly? I can't remember, is that why you pay the mortgage op weekly? I'm just trying to see if there's a different way for me to do things which may be better for me.
    Mortgage Balance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure