£80,000 in 4 years

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Week 6 .Day three and just over £69 in the MC pot over the weekend ,very happy with that ..Food shopping today was under £50 , lets see if i can get to friday without spending too much more
  • try_harder
    Week 6.Day 4 .Im finding that i am much more motivated when i am writing in my diary on a regular bass so i need to keep this up now ..So week 6 and the first £200 OP has gone in to the mortgage this week and i had almost hit the £100 mark in my MC so i put that in to our ISA s .Three days left until the end of the week and it would be wonderful if i could reach another £100 making my total £200 MC this week ,so pleased with the way things are going financially £2200 paid in to the OPs so far this year and £620 cash put in to the ISAs .
  • try_harder
    Another £200 has gone in to the mortgage OPs 

£100 total in MC this week so another £100 to find in three days ,i have nearly reached the £50 in surveys but that takes several weeks to come through so i will have to think of some other way of finding the money , i have spent the weeks food budget but only half the weeks diesel budget so i can take that out but still a lot to find but i have today ,tomorrow and friday to make it up ,lets see what i can do 
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi Tryharder, just caught up with your new diary. I love the idea of the millionaire challenge, why not aim high I say 😁 you have inspired me to give it a go! 
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • try_harder
    Thats brilliant newgirly i would definitely love you to play along too ,its all very good for support and motivation when others are doing it too ...I have sold one of my GD dresses today ,it was a dress i bought her three or four years ago and she had never worn so i got £15.93 after deductions .I have boxes and boxes of things to sell ,my whole house is full to the rafters from years of collecting .I think i might apply to go SE if 
  • try_harder
    Woops ,not sure how that happened ,anyway i was thinking that if i spend more time on this it could be a little job so i might get some advice as to how i can become SE ,its so lovely to be able to work from home
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,334 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good luck with the selling. Well done on the OPs.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Week 6 .£400 into mortgage overpayments.

MC. £230.85 in total this week .Weekly average over the 6 weeks is £201.92 a week so i am still on target of twoo hundred pounds a week .

• try_harder
    Thank you savingholmes 
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you are considering going self employed, have a look for what you expect to earn from your business. For example, the sale of the jewellery you buy specifically to sell is part of the trade but not the sale of gd's dress.

Good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure