Thank you savingholmes ,consistency seems to be the key 
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    End of week 19 numbers are 

Mortgage overpayments £194 ..Total for 2022 £5,794

MC ..£137.73 ..Total for 2022 so far £3,567.49

Food budget went over last week .I need to keep a closer eye on the budget this week
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done. You are setting a fantastic example to us. Hope your new job is going well
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Options
    That is such a lovely thing to say savingholmes ,thank you ..Yes the job is going very well too ,i am saving that money in another account for work on the house and garden ,i was going to put it in to PBs but i think i will need it constantly so i have put it in to one of my easy access savings accounts
  • try_harder
    Options
    End of week 20 numbers ..

MC £81.86 this week making a total of £3649.35 .Not such a good week this week but i have done a lot of listing over the last three days so im hoping this will start to pay off soon 

Mort O/P £185 making a total of £5979 so far this year ..I am behind with this number ,i really should be on ££7692 at this point ,struggling a bit at the minute .
  • try_harder
    Options
    Week 20 .

I really need to get more motivated this week ,my food budget has been higher than i would like so i shall be pulling all the stops out to cut down this week ,i know i can do it .Its quite difficult to keep to a smaller budget yet still eat all the healthy foods that i used to eat .The organic foods have stopped which i am very sad about but we are trying to grow more of our own organic food which is definitely helping 

My main concern is my mortgage .I am getting behind with the amount i need to overpay .i am putting one hundred pounds a week in to PBs  o that will help .I am of course very aware of how lucky i am to have a husband who works sixty plus hours a week to pay all these bills ,i need to just make sure i do my bit to help 

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've lost track - you are saving as well as trying to repay the mortgage. Was this for a particular purpose? Could you use that to help repay the mortgage later if needed?
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Options
    savingholmes .Sorry for the confusion !.Yes i am saving separately for our retirement ie the MC and for work that needs to be done in our house etc but yes as a last resort i would have to use that if i decide not to move of course
  • try_harder
    Options
    Numbers for end of week 21..,,I think i have confused my week numbers somewhere ,oh well the numbers are roughly correct

MC £95.35 this week making a total of £3744.70 ..This of course is not the actual number that i have in my ISAs as this number has fallen by around 30% 

Mortgage OP £185 making a total so far this year of £6164.I am around £2000 behind with this one at this point .We are on holiday again next week for two weeks so not sure how that will affect the numbers yet .

Overall numbers are ok and i count myself very lucky to actually be able to still save and overpay at this time ,its just so easy to get obsessed with the numbers and feel disappointed when you dont live up to your own expectations.....Still consistency is the most important thing and i am hoping that this jubilee weekend will be reduced final fees on Ebax so should motivate me into listing
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,953 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Don’t be disheartened TH, you’re doing fabulously. Your focus is excellent! 

Good point about the bay of e - think we have some stuff to list, so will try to get that done this weekend if there’s an offer on.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback