£80,000 in 4 years

Options

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just over half way through the week and i am at £229.63 in the MC .I am very happy with that and have put £200 in to our ISAs and £25 in to PBS..

Food budget going well too ,just £19.30 spent so far this week 
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done. I made the mistake of going in Mr As and spent more than planned! Ah well it will be tasty on the way down.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you savingholmes ..I hope you are having a good Easter

Week 15 

£300 overpayment made in to the mortgage .Total so far this year £5,200
    MC £247.13 made this week .Total so far this year £3,040.39 .All money has gone in to the ISAs and PB .
    Food budget stayed on track for the week.

Week 16 has started and we are away on holiday with most of our family so have spent quite a lot over the Easter weekend but its been beautiful weather and we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves so not expecting to save much this week 

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You have been making amazing progress. Mine seems to come in fits and starts.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you savingholmes ..Sometimes it gets hard to keep your eye on the prize and things go pear shaped .I am trying to not get too disheartened if that happens and move on to the next day or the next week and just write that time off and start anew .I think you have done really well this month
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely time away, well deserved relaxation time! OPs are incredible as always!
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you Aimingforthegoodlife. I did thank you a wonderful weekend with four of our children and our GC..I hope you had a wonderful Easter too !

Half way through the week and i have paid £200 in to overpayments so far with another one hundred to find by friday evening ..The MC is standing at just over one hundred pounds this week due to a couple of things selling on Ebax while we were away ..The decluttering is going slowly ,i am trying to sell everything that i declutter ,the CS dont seem to want to take anything so that makes things difficult .Food budget going extremely well as i took the money for Easter spending out of our holiday money so i am at around £27 spent this week so £33 left for today ,tomorrow and Friday ,hopefully that will be plenty
  • try_harder
    Options
    Week 16 has ended and i have managed the following 

Mortgage OP this week was slightly short due t the fact that we were away and so my husband was not working so we earnt less .Total this year £5,400

MC .£111.78 this week making a total so far his year of £3,152.17 most of which is in our ISAs

I forgot to add my money on here last week but week 3 of my earning was £100 which has gone in to PBs and is there for home improvements which we have to do in order to eventually sell our house for a good price ,im hoping to use all of this over the next three plus years to give us a greater chance of a profit if we have to sell .
    PBs £300
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,953 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've no idea what state your house is in TH, but a word of warning about 'doing it up to sell' - my Dad had his hall, stairs and landing (professionally) decorated about a year ago (having left it with the very '90s wallpaper that was there since he moved in in 2006 - it was the last room to be decorated), and he had a viewing at the weekend which had feedback along the lines of 'it would all need decorating and modernising'! What they actually meant is it wasn't to their taste.... Similarly, agents warned us against spending on doing up my Nan's house before we sold it as people were likely to want to redo it regardless.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• try_harder
    Options
    Ah thank you themadvix and i completely understand where you are coming from ,i have seen it over and over again ..A friend of mine had lived for years with her kitchen and bathroom but had them both taken out and replaced with a new kitchen and bathroom both in the budget range but still fairly expensive especially after paying for all the labour ,strangely enough we are now friends with the lady who bought her house and the first thing she did was have them both taken out ...Its hard isnt it ? I just wonder if by spending ten to twenty thousand pounds on it i might gain another thirty to forty more  .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback