Forever Starts Now

1212223242527»

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    greenbee said:
    Dried citrus peel makes good firefighters too. And it smells nice.
    Ooh what a great tip. Thank you
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Fabulous firelighter tips - definitely going to be giving those a try. The dried citrus peel is a bit genius too as I know at least theoretically you're not supposed to overload the compost with that as the worms don't like it - having said that ours have always seemed content enough in the past so...! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • starnac
    edited 21 September 2023 at 4:04PM
    I love the dried citrus peel idea. I bet it smells nice too! 

Well another wet and windy day here. Luckily I am not going anywhere today and it will be a quiet one all around as DH is not home til around 9.30pm and DS has just left on a school trip and won't be back til Friday. So today is a girls day. The dog is lying next to me snoring and DD will be home from school as normal later on. 

I have a list of things that need to be done today so that the quiet time is not wasted. In between bits of work I need to do the following:

*Handles off the dresser
    *Paint top of dresser
    *Undercoat drawers also put undercoat on 2 out of 3 doors
    *Dishwasher
    *Message mortgage advisor
    *Melt wax and pour over firelighters
    *Type up notes on course and email them

I have a short training course I need to complete online today, and I also need to write a bio and find a headshot of myself to send to my new employers for the internal magazine!!! Not looking forward to doing that to be honest.

I think I'll start with the dresser then settle down with a cuppa to do the training. 

Hope you are all inside today
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • I think we might need to see a photo of your lovely sounding dresser...?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • starnac
    I think we might need to see a photo of your lovely sounding dresser...?
    Once it's finished I will try to remember to put a photo here. It's looking pretty good actually. I'm using paint I bought for another project and didn't use. We had a very ugly wooden built in, monstrosity in the dining room and thinking we wouldn't be redecorating in there for a while, I bought this very nice paint to give it a bit of a makeover. Well I didn't get round to it and now DH has ripped it out ready to be replace with the dresser. The dresser was a freebie off M4rket FB and we already had the paint so I can't really complain.

I took all the handles off and the doors, undercoated 3 drawers and 2 out of 3 doors. I ran out of room on the protective cardboard layer I'd put on the floor, so left the one door for later. It should be dry later so I will put the first coat of paint on them. The paint is actually dry in just over an hour, so if I get it done soon-ish, I should be able to get the second coat on before bed. 

I melted and poured wax over the firelighters and dried some orange peel as suggested by @greenbee to add in the box as well. 

I finished the online training I needed to do and replied to all my emails from people welcoming me to my new job. Which is nice but overwhelming. 

This evening I still need to type up my notes and send them to a friend as promised and I need to write a short bio for the internal magazine introducing myself!! I was meant to do the bio today but hate the thought of doing it so I've kept putting it off! 
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • I can imagine "nice but overwhelming" just about sums that up - yes!  Lovely to feel welcomed though. 

she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills