13»

Comments

• chubsta
    chubsta Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Belenus said:
    chubsta said:
    Account has been reinstated at 0400hrs this morning, looks like it was a screw up at eBay’s end…
    I'm pleased and relieved for you too Chubsta.
    Would have been nice to have had some acknowledgement from eBay that they had messed up though! One thing that still bugs we is the attitude of their Customer service Rep - you are banned, we are not going to tell you why or even give you a hint and there is nothing you can do about it, and then just ending the 'chat' - very very poor in my eyes.

Still, at least we didn't have to wait long - I was on a night shift and saw Reddit lighting up with complaints so it soon became clear it wasn't just me and you!
    Mortgage free!
    Debt free!

Time poor...
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This reminds me of the path that stopped me selling on Ebay, it's amazing that they still have things like this happen.
    Mine was probably ten years ago now, they cancelled a load of listings in error. When the listings were reinstated they had lost all their history so were much lower down in search. Ebay offered pretty much nothing by way of compensation or help. It happened to a lot of sellers, someone, essentially, pressed the wrong button.

I sell a bit on there now but things like this show me I shouldn't be putting much time and effort in.

• Belenus
    Belenus Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    chubsta said:
    Belenus said:
    chubsta said:
    Account has been reinstated at 0400hrs this morning, looks like it was a screw up at eBay’s end…
    I'm pleased and relieved for you too Chubsta.
    Would have been nice to have had some acknowledgement from eBay that they had messed up though! One thing that still bugs we is the attitude of their Customer service Rep - you are banned, we are not going to tell you why or even give you a hint and there is nothing you can do about it, and then just ending the 'chat' - very very poor in my eyes.

Still, at least we didn't have to wait long - I was on a night shift and saw Reddit lighting up with complaints so it soon became clear it wasn't just me and you!
    Yes, I am not exactly happy about the situation but I have learned that eBay do things their way and you either accept that or go elsewhere. Their approach to Customer Service and their habit of banning people with no explanation and no opportunity to appeal is disgraceful. But they are not far off being a monopoly and can behave like that with impunity.

I want them infinitely more than they want me so I have to suck it up.

The other side of it is that over 20 years I have saved a lot of money with many outstanding bargains and I have also saved a lot of time by not having to go to physical shops for many purchases.
    A man walked into a car showroom.
    He said to the salesman, “My wife would like to talk to you about the Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”
    Salesman said, “We haven't got a Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”
    The man replied, “You have now mate".
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2021 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Sadly until a proper competitor to eBay emerges they can get away with poor customer service such as this without apologising. Which is a pity because when it works, it is a fantastic tool.
    It sort of reminds me of HMRC, if you make a mistake then you're a mastermind tax evader, if they make a mistake, its human error, these things happen, you need to get over it.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • razord
    razord Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ebay ain't what it used to be; they've driven off individual sellers, hacked people off with their payment changes, and started imposing unrealistic timing expectations for payment and delivery.
    What's left is mainly business dealers, except you can generally get the items cheaper elsewhere.

• Belenus
    Belenus Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2021 at 11:51AM
    Options
    I've just had an apology from eBay.

On Friday 3rd December, we sent you an email in error stating that your account had been permanently suspended. There has been no impact to your Seller Standards.

We apologise for this and any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Your account was reinstated on or before Saturday 4th December and is back live as it was. There's no need to worry—there is no long-term impact from this.
    We appreciate your patience and continued support.

Thanks,
    eBay Seller Team

PS: I can't format that email properly or put it in quotes.

A man walked into a car showroom.
    He said to the salesman, “My wife would like to talk to you about the Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”
    Salesman said, “We haven't got a Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”
    The man replied, “You have now mate".
  • goodfella66
    Options
    If Ebay had anything about them, they should offer some form of compensation (voucher etc).
  • Radioshack2000
    Options
    I have had the same problem see my new thread 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have had the same problem see my new thread 
    I will close this thread as it has been resolved, this was a different issue- ebay confirmed there was a short term (but highly worrying) glitch that was resolved.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure