The Great 'What to buy the person who has everything' Hunt

Options

Comments

• thecornflake
    Options
    These aren't the cheapest, but they are possibly the best chocolates ever, and they can come in a really nice wooden box with an engraved plaque - http://www.zchocolat.com/default.asp

I got these for my wife one mother's day, and she absolutely loved them. Plus you can get refills for the boxes.
  • thecornflake
    Options
    These aren't the cheapest, but they are possibly the best chocolates ever, and they can come in a really nice wooden box with an engraved plaque - http://www.zchocolat.com/default.asp

I got these for my wife one mother's day, and she absolutely loved them. Plus you can get refills for the boxes.
  • alynns
    alynns Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    www.kiva.org is a great site that lets you buy gift vouchers for those with everything or those with a socio-economic conscience. The vouchers are used on the site to contribute to your chosen small entrepeneur across the world - you see their pics, read their stories, choose your country etc. The return rate for the organisation is something like 99% and as you're typically lending in $25 (£12) amounts, it is not at all bank breaking and very satisfying, however small the gesture. I read about it in Bill Clinton's book "Giving" and Oprah featured the couple who started it too. A very, very worthy investment.

threadbanner.gif
  • halia
    halia Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    well for my partner who doesn't have everything but is hard to buy for (and hwo objects to uselss clutter or duty gifts) I am editing 20 photo's of me, me+OH, OH, DS etc into large balck and white arty type shots. I'm then painting 20 old picture frames black, secretly fixing 20 picture hooks into the hall wall and presenting them on Xmas day.

We've had some rough times recently and hopefully it will remind us of the good times! We've also just fnished a big chunk of DIY so its the first time we can put pictures up and not have builders smashing into them!
    DEBT: £500 credit card £800 Bank overdraft
    £14 Weekly food budget

• mr_xmas
    mr_xmas Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    AS SANTA, this is very easy for me to ANSWER,-
    MORE OF THE SAME,
    HE/SHE HAS GOOD HEALTH what more can a person ask for,accept to be alive to enjoy it.:rotfl:
    £2008 in 2008 member 519 feb 08 sony mp3 player.

:jBR 05-05-09 Yes at last a good night sleep:T :jMAY BSC Member number 270:j
  • KeanuFan_2
    Options
    I have the perfect gift for the man who has everything............................. a woman who has nothing.
  • Michelle
    Options
    Thank you for making me laugh a lot! -
    whoops.... still a novice at this....
    The member who said about the antibiotics....
    Thats who I am thanking for the real belly-laugh!
  • helloecho
    Options
    Maybe if you're handy in the kitchen, some description of home-made mince pies, biscuits, or Christmas cake might make a nice, thoughtful (and also moneysaving) gift.

I also like the idea of Oxfam Unwrapped gifts (and I'm sure other charities do similar things)... give them a goat, or some textbooks, or 100 school meals for people in developing countries.
    By replying to this post you are agreeing to my Terms and Conditions which state that I am correct
  • dalsude
    dalsude Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Vouchers towards a complimentary therapy or beauty treatment presented in a nice box always go down well - people forget to treat themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure