The Great 'What to buy the person who has everything' Hunt

Comments

• Sorry the , it is 4 in the morning AMAZON
    Carole
  • I bought a hamper basket from Wilkinsons and then set about filling it with stuff that I thought the parents would like

More fun and a better selction than a ready bought hamper

Means you can throw in personal stuff

In addition, match the cost to the size of the hamper bought

threadbanner.gif
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Experiences seem to be a good bet.

There's loads of sites & high street shops offering these vouchers for flying lessons, white water raft stuff, adventure courses, ..... also beauty days, photographic sessions and the like...
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • kay41_2
    kay41_2 Posts: 179 Forumite
    how about a signed copy of a book by their favourite author. This of course depends on their being a latest book and the author being on tour. I used to work in publishing and people would ring up and ask if we could get them a personally signed copy of a particular book. If the author was around or in the country it was no trouble to arrange it and people were delighted. For example I got a copy of his first book signed personally for a friend by Richard E Grant - he loved it! I ttakes a little research, but is the sort of thing money can't buy.
  • My brother in law has 6 kids so buying an individual present for each was costly and difficult so for the past few years I have bought a voucher for our loal cinema, the kids think it's great and altho it doesnt cover the full cost parents were pleased as it was also an afternoon out that the whole family could enjoy, with not such a hard hit on the wallet! I also buy theatre vouchers for my parents they can be used at 250 theatres across the country and do not have a "use by" date,these have also been a big hit and have been requested again this year.
  • angry
    angry Posts: 42 Forumite
    A box to put it all in.
  • I ordered a framed joke newspaper article with my son's details in it from
    http://uk.jokenewspaper.com/index.cfm?CategoryID=123
    It cost £14.95 and I thought it was good value and also a good laugh. Can't wait to see his face when he reads it! (Good for the person who has everything.)

However, when I got it, I wondered if I could write my own article so I emailed the company and they said yes. I then wrote two more articles myself from scratch and had them made up by them too. They look like proper newspaper cuttings - you can be sure that nobody else will give them the same thing!
  • Thomas99
    Thomas99 Posts: 322 Forumite
    I've been dropped a hint i might get a Moller Skycar M400 for xmas :money:
    Xmas only comes around once a year, so it's a bargain at £324,000.00 :T

http://www.firebox.com/product/415?src_t=sbp

p415b.jpg
    Founder member MSE Jet Airways Mile High Club
    Member #1
    :love:
  • gryster
    gryster Posts: 12 Forumite
    Fotomosaic!
    One picture of you or your loved ones made from lots of small pictures of you or your loved ones. There are several programs on the internet that can do this for you, generally you choose a picture and tell the program what folder of pictures it can use for the colouring-bit :)

Google foto mosaic.
    Here's one example: (Free download)

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fotomosaic.html
    - Gryster

(Sneaking in from Norway because this forum seems so nice and useful)

Sealed pot challenge: 1/12-07 - 1/12-08
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Boots do a nice £20 "name a star " pack, where you can erm.. name a star, you get the location of your star so you can spot it.

Ofcourse you can't buy stars as no-one owns them but it's a novel idea, especially for kids who can always look up and say "thats my star".

Days out, redletterdays (hot air balloons, driving in supercars etc...).

A nice meal somewhere posh they wouldn't think of. Just before I visited London with my fiancee I rang the Ivy to book a table, as everywhere I looked mainly said you will never get a table there, I wasn't hopefull but the worst they could say is no, managed to get a table anyway and the meal was lovely.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure