We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Charity DD's £1 or £2
Comments
-
Ever seen banks stipulating in their terms what source of DD is unacceptable ?andyhicks88 said:ischris85 said:
You can set up 2 direct debits via this method? Have there ever been any examples of banks refusing to pay out switch bonuses if the DD's are from there, because surely it's obvious?0 -
https://www.getpark.co.uk/budgeting/ 👍🏿Katiehound said:Not a charity- but you can set up a DD to Park for their Christmas 'club'.
I pay around £1.70 pm and at the end of their collecting period- 11 or 12 months get 2 x M&S £10 gift cards posted to me. (there are no admin charges.)
Maybe you could choose just one £10 card?
I have just started 'saving' for next year! That has been one easy DD but not covered by financial services.
1 -
Personally I go by what they say on their TV ads or Websites £2 can ...... £3.......can etc. None seem to say £1 can ..... So I have 4 DDs set up for amounts that the charities say can make a difference. (meets COOP rewards requirements).Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.0
-
The Cornwall Air Ambulance can be as low as £1 a month on direct debits and a very worthy cause.
I think that most yearly membership direct debits will work as well, one such is the Forces Pension Society at £47 a year.
So if you can afford its fees, Not that I can the National trust membership would be another.
The Royal British legion membership direct debits for the year of £22 definitely worked for the Co-op recently as received my £125 on that one and my mobile DD.
Cornwall Air Ambulance DD is £1 in 2026.
-1 -
I don’t know about the switch bonus, but my bank NatWest stopped a 50p DD I’d set up for a switch stating that they had deemed it a fraudulent company and returned the cash to my account.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


