We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Raylo

Options
I am due to upgrade my iPhone with EE but I don't necessarily want the latest phone and they still want more than I am paying now for my 6s.  Raylo popped up on my facebook and I wondered if anyone has used them to lease a phone with and what experience they have had with them.  

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Facebook  many many frauds be very aware .
  • JenB79
    JenB79 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bluepony said:
    I am due to upgrade my iPhone with EE but I don't necessarily want the latest phone and they still want more than I am paying now for my 6s.  Raylo popped up on my facebook and I wondered if anyone has used them to lease a phone with and what experience they have had with them.  
    Looking at their website, Raylo seems a legit company but they seem to rent/lease phones out rather than letting people buy them outright. If you don't want to pay silly money, then buy something like an iPhone SE2 for £389 from Apple directly and pair that with a sim only plan of your choice. If you want to stay with EE, then over the phone they can offer your a 10gb sim only plan with unlimited calls/texts for a tenner each month (12 month contract) or if you need more data, they can offer you 160gb SO plan for £14/m.
  • AnnWobbly
    AnnWobbly Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So what is the verdict on raylo?  Is it too good to be true?
  • Martin_the_Unjust
    Martin_the_Unjust Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    To good to be true?

It might be true but it’s not good IMO
  • gallifreyangirl
    Options
    They are genuine but you rent the phone and when finished have yo send it back if pay a price to keep it. 
  • AnnWobbly
    Options
    They are genuine but you rent the phone and when finished have yo send it back if pay a price to keep it. 
    That's fine, I'd rent it for 3 years so it's only £1 to buy but is it safe? They use credit Kudos
  • AnnWobbly
    Options
    That's fine, I'd rent it for 3 years so it's only £1 to buy but is it safe? They use credit Kudos are they ok
  • AnnWobbly
    Options
    That's fine, I'd rent it for 3 years so it's only £1 to buy but is it safe? They use credit Kudos are they okMartin_the_Unjust said:
    To good to be true?

To good to be true?
    Its a phone rental scheme. If you rent it for 3 years it only costs £1 to buy your phone and the rental is less than a contract with a new phone  What do you think

• AnnWobbly
    Options
    Sorry if you get this multiple times, I'm new to this. The lease for a sim only brand new phone with Raylo is cheaper than with a big company and if you take it out for three years they only want £1 to buy it. It seems too good to be true??
  • Bluepony
    Bluepony Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I decided against raylo and rent from Music Magpie as even with a SIM its still cheaper than I was paying EE and I got an iPhone 11 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback