My Nectar Prices

Options
Nectar card holders can now get personalised discounts of up to 30% off certain items in their Sainsbury's shop when they use its 'scan and go' service in store. But you can't currently get the offers when you shop online at the supermarket.

Read the full story here:
'Nectar card holders can now get personalised discounts when they shop using Sainsbury's 'scan and go' service in stores'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Catplan
    Catplan Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It’s a bit meh to be honest, some of the products I’ve never bought. Some you can get cheaper when in store offer. Example I have some popcorn for £1.84 it’s currently £1.50 on the shelf for everyone,  the cat food i get when it £3 usually £4, they’ve given me it for £3.50……I did get 30p off my bacon and 22p off sausages and 59p off frozen chips. They applied in multiple as well but it looks like they can limit this if they wish. 
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not currently working at all for me. Saw offers yesterday but seems to have gone wrong…
  • davelewis
    Options
    I used this today. The offers seemed to be on things I had bought in the past at Sainsburys. They were ok offers but not as good a Tesco Clubcard Prices I'm afraid. I think Sainsburys are playing catch up to Tesco on this promotion and they are a bit late to the party!
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MDMD said:
    Not currently working at all for me. Saw offers yesterday but seems to have gone wrong…

This is a bit tedious.

Although I was in the shop the other day, I'd prefer doing click and college or delivery for the next few weeks

As well as the offers not being available online, the refund voucher can only be used when physically present in the shop 

Besides any of that neither my phone's Smart Shop or Nectar apps work properly in the shop at the moment.
  • blues
    blues Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No good for those of us who shop online. 

Apparently they are stopping the Double Up Nectar promotion which is really annoying.
  • Hansplace
    Options
    Nectar points are not as good as tesco clubcard now IMO
  • missfrostie
    Options
    I have been a Sainsbury's shopper for more years than I wish to say,  and have had a Nectar card since they were introduced. Why should I be forced to use my phone or a scanner to get these offers.  They should automatically be added to my Nectar points even if I use a cash desk.  This is just one way in which Sainsbury's (and no doubt other supermarkets) are trying to force you to use a phone/scanner so that they can have less cash desks and therefor less staff (meaning more unemployment) in their shops.  I have downloaded the app but will never use it as I choose to pay using a cash desk and actually have some 'human' contact when shopping.  From the offers that I have received most are a waste of time, as they are for things that I no longer buy.  Why do not Sainsbury's let you choose the offers that you want as Tesco do, and you still get them however you choose to shop? 
  • wakeyjess
    Options
    I have been a Sainsbury's shopper for more years than I wish to say,  and have had a Nectar card since they were introduced. Why should I be forced to use my phone or a scanner to get these offers. 
    Not to mention that it's an absolute faff getting it all set up when the Sainys branch doesn't have good mobile signal in there - join the store wireless, hope it keeps on while you go round the shop, try and stop your phone going into standby or dropping it when you juggle everything (no holster on the trolley as for Smartshop wands), and when you get to the checkout the app's lost my cart on more than one occasion meaning I've had to wait for a normal checkout.

The Smartshop wands are great. The app... not so much.
    Jessie Rowbum 🏳️‍🌈 One of "them lot" the Daily Mail warns you about.
    Codes, cooks, makes music, takes photos, dances in the kitchen, performs musical cabaret as The Bleeding Obvious.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its a joke. Products offered cheaper are:
    1. Usually on offer anyway - this week Actimel, KP nuts
    2. Because they are on offer, are usually out of stock.
    3. 50% of items are products we have bought maybe once or twice before, not regular items.
    Double Up not being run this year "because few people use it".  I read that as canny shoppers who amass their points then spend wisely and it costs Sainsbury's alot of lost turnover....
    At least I can convert them to Avios......
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • geoffreyq
    Options
    Far from making shopping easier, it means that you never know the correct price for anything in Sainsbury if you don't scan. The whole Nectar scheme is now more trouble than it is worth.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback