Morrisons not very responsive

Options
My vehicle was parked outside my house and a week ago today my neighbour had a Morrisons home delivery.  I was working from home and my daughter visited and saw my car had been hit and a note was left on the windscreen with no details just really sorry I hit you car this morning please call this number which is my managers!  To cut a long story short I have had no contact from Morrisons whatsoever about this apart from the Manager of the van driver to say he have submitted the relevant paperwork to head office.  I have been having emails back and forth for a week with Morrisons customer service to express the urgency of getting this sorted as due to my disability i rely heavily on the use of my car and is not currently in a driveable state.  I have asked for my emails to be passed to the customer service manage, complaints department and I have also copied in the CEO's PA.  It is absolutely ridiculous that at the time of writing this I have still had no contact to sort out the damage to my car.  I refuse to make the claim through my own insurance as although it would be non-fault it could still affect future insurance premiums.  I am at my wits end so asking if anyone else has had issues with Morrisons.

Comments

• Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Have you notified them of the incident, but for information only and that you're dealing directly with the third party? (Check your insurance T&Cs - they probably say that you must do so).
    Jenni x
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What was the damage, in what way is the car undriveable? Unfortunately, insurance claims, no matter how you deal with them take time. 
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    as others have said, you need to tell your insurers anyway, they could deal with the other insurer and speed things up, and get you a car in the mean time with costs claimed back from the other party
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2021 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Claim from your own insurer, let them deal with Morrisons.

Alternatively, if you have the registration of the Morrisons van, get their insurance details from askmid.com and claim directly from them.
  • daksnowdogs
    Options
    Thanks everyone, my own insurers are aware and have said that it won't affect my NCD but I've read online that your premiums can go up that's my frustration.
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Thanks everyone, my own insurers are aware and have said that it won't affect my NCD but I've read online that your premiums can go up that's my frustration.
    From what I've learned over the years, premiums 'can' go up for any or no reason/s. My brother had a nasty scrape in his van a few years ago, his fault, nobody else involved, decided not to go through insurance BUT did the honest thing of informing them. Renewal price went up about 40%???? 

Only thing he could do was go on a comparison site and I think? he got the renewal at somewhere around what he paid the previous year.

May not happen the same way with you of course but I think we can all safely assume most insurance renewal prices are like a postcode lottery and there's no logic in not doing a comparison every year, I know I do.  
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you have gone about this all wrong hence your delay and the ongoing frustration. you should not have been leaving this to the store manager to sort out 

you should have contacted him and asked for the details of the morrisons fleet insurers and dealt with them direct and had they not been prepared to speak to you then straight on to your insurers and got them to deal with it

the delay is being made worse by the fact that things have been done wrong so phone the store manager and ask him for a contact number at fleet and start chasing them asap    
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would  advise you to pass it to your insurance company.

When a delivery driver for a high street shop hit our car he similarly gave us his company contact number.  (My husband did photograph him getting out of the lorry while it was lodged against the side of our car.)

We also had details of a independent witness.

The company concerned would not advise their insurance company of the accident so that company  would not accept any claim.

Luckily, I had legal cover. They took the retail company to court for the costs 

They  were successful  and the last   I heard was that a summary warrant had been issued .

I had to pay the excess to get my car repaired but that was refunded to me under the legal cover.

• Grey_Critic
    Options
    Morrisons do not do their own deliveries - it is Amazon (I Think) which may be the reason for the delay.

I would contact Morrisons at their Head Office

Hilmore House,
    71 Gain Lane,
    Bradford, West
    Yorkshire,
    BD3 7DL
    Bradford

and ask the question of them.

If you wish to write to the the Compnay secretary is Jonathan James Burke.

Personally I would let my insurance company handle it - IF your premium rises (although it should not) then I would claim against them for what would be an uninsured loss.

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2021 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Morrisons do not do their own deliveries - it is Amazon (I Think) which may be the reason for the delay.

I would contact Morrisons at their Head Office

Hilmore House,
    71 Gain Lane,
    Bradford, West
    Yorkshire,
    BD3 7DL
    Bradford

and ask the question of them.

If you wish to write to the the Compnay secretary is Jonathan James Burke.

Personally I would let my insurance company handle it - IF your premium rises (although it should not) then I would claim against them for what would be an uninsured loss.

Morrisons very much do their own deliveries, they also have deals with Ocado and sell wholesale to Amazon. If you buy groceries from Morrisons.com it's delivered by themselves via their stores.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback