Bridger12 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes it is daily call as with cash register 
  • Bridger12
    Options
    Jazmeen, I was waiting for hits radio to play today’s call but presenter says more details at 4pm
  • Bridger12
    Options
    Just had a closer look at Comping Rich post this morning on main forum and clearly says Comp starts Monday 6 Sept
  • Comping_Rich
    Comping_Rich Posts: 20,989 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I have just learned something.

On an iPhone you can set your phone to automatically answer a call, this is an accessibility feature if you struggle with using a touch screen.

To turn on auto answer on an iPhone go to:-
    Settings > General > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing

You will have a number of options, in my case Automatic, Bluetooth Headset and Speaker. Underneath these options is Auto-Answer Calls, click on that and then you can turn auto answer on or off, when you turn this on it will set a default time of 3 seconds for when the phone will answer. You could reduce this down to 0 seconds or even 1 if you wished. 

I believe you can also set up auto answer with an android phone but not sure how to do this.

Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH

Discord = DIS

Viral Sweep = VS

Sweep Widget = SW

• Bridger12
    Options
    Thanks Comping Rich, I have an old iPhone SE and managed to set it to 0 auto-answer calls. 
  • Bridger12
    Options
    I have set mine 0secs and speaker
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for that comping rich, that's very helpful. 
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • Jazmeen
    Jazmeen Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bridger12 said:
    Just had a closer look at Comping Rich post this morning on main forum and clearly says Comp starts Monday 6 Sept
    Thank you Bridger12. I did get a little confused. I listened this morning too and it said first winner will be on Monday. Just wondering why they  didn't just start the competition on Monday then haha I guess to get more entries into the competition. 
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 September 2021 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Thanks @Comping_Rich

There is an equivalent Android setting but it's only effective when a headset or Bluetooth device is connnected:
      - go to the Phone icon,
      - press the 3 dots in the top right,
      - select Settings
      - select Answering and ending calls
      - toggle Answer automatically ON and customise the interval to 0 seconds

I've tried it out with it set to 0 seconds and the phone I'm calling from (iPhone on the same mobile network) rings once then my phone (Samsung) automatically answers.

It's probably worth trying this setting out for the Tell Me The Total comp as, if you've got a phone that takes 3 rings to actually start ringing, that only leaves you 2 rings to hear it and answer it !
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure