We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Demanding money for repairs after buying
Comments
-
Thank you for all your help everyone. Just one last thing, what should I do with the letter from law data. Should I return to sender?0
-
No, keep it because it 'might' assist with your defence if you end up in Court.lordrah1m said:Thank you for all your help everyone. Just one last thing, what should I do with the letter from law data. Should I return to sender?0 -
I will do, thank you.0
-
No, just put it on one side, put the kettle on, and get on with the rest of your day.lordrah1m said:Thank you for all your help everyone. Just one last thing, what should I do with the letter from law data. Should I return to sender?
What's the worst that'll happen?
They launch a court claim against you. It'd be for <£10k, the cost of "repair", so it's a small claim. No solicitors etc involved.
You lodge a defence, containing the precise wording of your ad, stating that you are a private seller, and that they test-drove and inspected the car prior to purchase.
They get their backsides handed to them on a plate by the court.
End of.3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards