IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I received a PCN from Armtrac Security A.K.A KBT cornwall LTD

Options
I got a parking fine on the 07/07/2021 from Armtrac security, I parked at Sennen Cove beach car park. I didn't notice any signage and not even pay and display machine when I entered the car park. The car park is on a steep hill and difficult to see any kind type of signage when entering.   Up to this point I paid at every place I parked and there is proof of that. I still had on display a parking ticket from the previous car park that I came from and this is on armtract security website.

Today (07/08/2021) I received the NTK letter demanding I pay £100. I have not been in contact with them at all except for when I accessed their website to see the photos they have of my car with the wrong parking ticket and the locations of their signage and pay display machines that they claim are sufficient information.  

how are the days counted between the issue of PCN and NTK, is it only working days or does it include weekends? 

is my next step to challenge the NTK as a keeper using the template appeal? is this letter to appeal being sent to Armtrac ?

Comments

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2021 at 1:23PM
    Options
    What on earth lead to to assume that there was free parking anywhere in Cornwall?  Please rwad the newbies and complain to you MP and the local Tourist Office.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • CBA12
    CBA12 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I was rushing to go to the beach, I was in the car park for an hour changing and even went to the WC. I did not see the pay and diplay machine nor the signage that hour.  i would have paid the regular price any day, i guess this is the aim of their business. Are the MP and the local Tourist Office responsive once contacted?
  • CBA12
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    What on earth lead to to assume that there was free parking anywhere in Cornwall?  Please rwad the newbies and complain to you MP and the local Tourist Office.
    "Please rwad the newbies" i dont understand what you mean here?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Top of this forum , third thread down , in announcements , is the newbies FAQ sticky thread , please read it ( is what he means ) , the one with the template appeal ( which Armtrac will reject )

If complaining to an MP , it must go to your local MP for your constituency , not elsewhere
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I mean please read the guidance at the start of this sub forum, it is headed by the word "newbies".
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • CBA12
    Options
    I have appealed today using Armtrac email using the template on the newbie page. however, on the NTK Armtrac letter it said,

"if you consider there to be an exceptional circumstance as to why you should be allowed t appeal outside of its period then you should send your reasons to us, in writing at the abode address".

should I be concerned or just ignore it till I receive a reply to my appeal email?
  • CBA12
    Options

Redx said:
    Top of this forum , third thread down , in announcements , is the newbies FAQ sticky thread , please read it ( is what he means ) , the one with the template appeal ( which Armtrac will reject )

If complaining to an MP , it must go to your local MP for your constituency , not elsewhere

I'm trying to find an email to my local MP, it seems like I can only contact them by telephone line. is there a template letter available to the local MP? Should I contact the ombudsman association aswell ? 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2021 at 10:26PM
    Options
    CBA12 said:

Redx said:

I'm trying to find an email to my local MP, it seems like I can only contact them by telephone line. is there a template letter available to the local MP? Should I contact the ombudsman association aswell ? 
    I just stuck contact my member of parliament into Google, and this page was top of the list returned...

www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp

I've not checked all 650, but those I have checked seem to have an email address of the form: joe.bloggs.mp@parliament.uk
  • CBA12
    Options
    i got the letter rejecting my appeal today from Armtrac. Im will need to prepare my defence now as they will be claiming soon.  
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    CBA12 said:
    i got the letter rejecting my appeal today from Armtrac. Im will need to prepare my defence now as they will be claiming soon.  
    Being prepared is always a good idea, especially while things are relatively clear in your memory.  As Armtrac have up to six years to press a claim, it's good to get your notes together now.  While they are unlikely to take six years if they are going to sue, they will probably have a first go through ignorable 'no-win, no-fee' debt collectors. I wouldn't expect any court move much this side of Christmas. 

In preparing a defence, are you aware that there is a ready prepared template defence available on the forum, located as one of the 5 Announcements at the top of the forum thread list?  You only need to add a few details of the parking event itself, the rest is done for you, no more than a half-hour's work. 

The NEWBIES FAQ Announcement, second post, fully describes the court process and what you have to do and by when. A little premature for any action on your part, but good background reading to get you ready should Armtrac try a court claim. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure