Park Resorts - complaint with no compensation, next steps?

Options
Hi all 

Looking for some advice/ guidance please. 

We stayed at a park Resorts in clacton last month Friday to Monday.

We actually only stayed Friday and Saturday night due to all the issues.

Brief over view of the problems: 

Our  check in was late Friday around 1900hrs, once we checked in we went to our accommodation to find it completely Filthy, broken shower, sofa broken, dirty plates, food left around etc, reception at this point was closed but we thought we may aswell let our children sleep and sort it in the morning, One of our children has ASD and ADHD, so he was already stressed and needed to relax. 

Once they were settled and the wife had finished cleaning the caravan we decided to go to bed. 

Once in bed, we found very quickly the matress was soaking with urine but had clean sheets over the top. Needless to say we ended up staying on the floor as the sofa bed was broken as mentioned before. 

In the morning after complaining and a sleepless night, we were told we could have a new matress, I refused, then eventually we were put into alternative accommodation,

Long story short this alternative was just as Filthy. So we left Sunday morning.

I then complained to park Resorts who are refusing any kind of refund or goodwill gesture. Even though I have mentioned how there is no sign of a covid enhanced  clean or any superb cleaning process. 

I want to take this further but not sure on next steps.

Can anyone help or advise please? 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    try one of the newspaper consumer champions, include the photos you took of the evidence
  • SPOWER
    SPOWER Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, is this Park Dean Resorts or Park Holidays?  I would also contact the trading standards unit of the local council that covers Clacton on Sea and let them know.
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Daily Mirror love stories like this. Try them. 
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They sorted the issue for you and you want compensation?
    Unless I read it wrong, they gave you a new mattress them moved you and you now want compensation for that?
    You chose to leave even though they tried twice to help you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They sorted the issue for you and you want compensation?
    Unless I read it wrong, they gave you a new mattress them moved you and you now want compensation for that?
    You chose to leave even though they tried twice to help you.
    I think OP is claiming the new room was dirty, but I'm not clear whether they actually raised this at the time and asked for it to be cleaned or to be moved to a better one. (the post says that they left on Sunday and then complained, so it is not clear that they actually informed anyone at the resort that they were not happy with the new room)

OP, assuming that you did reject the new room and they didn't arrange to clean it, then start with a formal complaint to the resort,  be clear about exactly when and how you reported the issues , including letting them know at the time that the proposed new room wasn't acceptable.

From what you've written, it looks as though you complained about the first room and they moved you, and then you stayed another day and left early without having told them that you were not happy with the new room. Surely you would have checked it as soon as they offered it to you and told them then and there if you felt it wasn't suitable? If you did that, why stay the night? IF you didn't, then I think you will struggle to get any compensation for problems you didn't raise with them.

I do think that you should get something for the first night as it does appear that there was a problem with the bed and that they acknowledged that. Do they not have any night staff at all? 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback