County claim VCS

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove 'on Claimant property'.

I think Excel used to lease the site but it's certainly not VCS property.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bitbibitbitbibit Forumite
    22 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary

Sorry I missed this bit and sent it yesterday. I have 4pm today to deadline. Should I send another email with this change or leave as it is.
  • edited 2 August at 8:37AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 August at 8:37AM
    bitbibit said:

Sorry I missed this bit and sent it yesterday. I have 4pm today to deadline. Should I send another email with this change or leave as it is.
    Leave it and address that issue in your witness statement plus exhibits

VCS and Excel manage sites , they rarely lease them and probably never own them

Check your email inbox folder and spam folder for the auto receipt from the CCBC in response to your emailed defence

Check that the Defence was received and logged over the next few days , do not assume that sending is the end of it , check and check again
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    22 Posts
    Thanks Redx, I had auto response from CCBC, I will keep an eye for logging of defence.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    HAVE YOU DONE THIS YET?

The Government Consultation into the level of parking charges, discounts, false ‘debt recovery add-ons’ (that no PPC actually pays)...

...and the Appeals Charter - that should IMHO result in full cancellations not enrich the PPCs by £20 or more because it would just encourage spurious PCNs that should never be issued...

...is now open!

See separate thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6286801/government-consultation-re-level-of-private-parking-charges-now-open

This forum’s regulars are encouraging email submissions with evidence and photos, letters attached to illustrate what happened to you and why you are answering the way you are.

The Government propose to let the worst ex clampers continue to charge residents and visitors £100, double what they propose as the lower level charge. What do you think about that?

Show them your evidence by doing a full and detailed email reply, not the tick box exercise only. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    22 Posts
    HAVE YOU DONE THIS YET?

The Government Consultation into the level of parking charges, discounts, false ‘debt recovery add-ons’ (that no PPC actually pays)...

...and the Appeals Charter - that should IMHO result in full cancellations not enrich the PPCs by £20 or more because it would just encourage spurious PCNs that should never be issued...

...is now open!

See separate thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6286801/government-consultation-re-level-of-private-parking-charges-now-open

This forum’s regulars are encouraging email submissions with evidence and photos, letters attached to illustrate what happened to you and why you are answering the way you are.

The Government propose to let the worst ex clampers continue to charge residents and visitors £100, double what they propose as the lower level charge. What do you think about that?

Show them your evidence by doing a full and detailed email reply, not the tick box exercise only. 
    Thanks Coupon-mad, the proposed law seems helping the extortionist making luxury life out of motorists.  I have responded to the consultation.

Further to previous thread, I have no received letter from court to fill the DQ. If I include a witness to say that the ticket was purchased and displayed on dashboard, would that witness need to attend the hearing if case proceed further or he/she can do it over the phone or written witness statement is an option?

I still have no response on my SAR request, should I send them reminder though they mentioned not to do so before 28 days. Should I also send them letter of counter claim if they proceed further and case is not decided in their favour? Please advise, thanks.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I include a witness to say that the ticket was purchased and displayed on dashboard, would that witness need to attend the hearing if case proceed further or he/she can do it over the phone or written witness statement is an option?
    It's an almost certainty that the hearing will be via telephone or video link. If you're putting forward a witness, they will need to write a Witness Statement of their own. Their attendance at the hearing would obviously add weight to their WS, but whether their attendance is mandatory, I'm not sure (PPC witnesses never attend, so that might be a clue).  Others might comment. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:
    If I include a witness to say that the ticket was purchased and displayed on dashboard, would that witness need to attend the hearing if case proceed further or he/she can do it over the phone or written witness statement is an option?
    It's an almost certainty that the hearing will be via telephone or video link. If you're putting forward a witness, they will need to write a Witness Statement of their own. Their attendance at the hearing would obviously add weight to their WS, but whether their attendance is mandatory, I'm not sure (PPC witnesses never attend, so that might be a clue).  Others might comment. 
    A witness who makes themselves available for "cross examination" is likely to be believed more than someone who doesn't - we often say that signatories of claimant witness statements should appear at the hearing and if they don't the judge should take less notice of their account.  Should be same for witnesses of defendant.  As @Umkomaas writes, as it is likely to be by telephone or video link, it is easier for the witness as they don't even need to be in the same building as defendant.
  • edited 23 November at 11:46AM
    bitbibitbitbibit Forumite
    22 Posts
    edited 23 November at 11:46AM
    Hi again, I have received documents from court about hearing and I have been asked to provide the documentation to court and claimant by 29th Nov. Claimant sent me documentation with pictures of my car entering and leaving along with lots of other pictures of different locations in the car park (Albert Street Birmingham). I don't see my car parked there, where as the entrance and exit images are quite dark but shows registration number which makes me think the pictures of entrance and exit are around same time but they claim over 4 hours stay. They send a page of their logs where my car registration is not recorded. In SAR they send me both documents where one of the registration number was partially resembles to mine but they have not included that number in the documents sent to court. In Claimant (VCS) Witness Statement they said they sent NTK (which I think were sent very late and I believe they can generate it any time with time and date printed as they want) and claiming the extra 60 are for debut recovery.
    Can you please advise me on following.
    1- Can I email the requested document to both Claimant and court instead of sending through post?
    2- What is the best template to use to prepare the Documentation?
    Thanks
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.  E-mail is the accepted form of correspondence nowadays.
    2.  There are a couple of suggested witness statements posted regularly by @Coupon-mad and they are @jrhys and @Nosy but remember they are only examples of format and style.  The narrative must be yours and relate to your particular circumstance and be in support of and back up your defence.