IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NCP Pay Later (and my wife forgot....)

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There are two PoFA 'fails'. One as pointed out by @Castle above, and add to that a failure to provide warning as required by para 9(2)(f) of PoFA. Add the two of them as separate bullet points at the end of the template initial appeal. 

If NCP don't cancel, then we can help you to succeed at POPLA. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,513 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    When/if you do add the comments as provided by @Umkomaas and @Castle be careful not to say "I", "me", "my" or similar and so identify the driver!
  • andylong1974
    Options
    Thank you! So my appeal will look like this:-

Re PCN number: ZP3499XXXX

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.

I would also like to add the following:

* The Notice to Keeper was received beyond 14 days as required by PoFA 2012
    * You failed to provide warning as required by para 9(2)(f) of PoFA

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I would also like to add the following:

Maybe expand that a little to something like...

I also need to point out that the Notice to Keeper is incapable of transferring any driver's liability to the keeper for the following reasons:

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,513 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The reason for adding your last two bullet points was to say that they cannot hold the keeper liable for the actions of the driver.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And you could add that you were not the driver but won't be naming the driver, so they will lose at POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • andylong1974
    Options
    So is this the final wording?

Re PCN number: ZP3499XXXX

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.

I also need to point out that the Notice to Keeper is incapable of transferring any driver's liability to the keeper for the following reasons:

• andylong1974
    Options
    And you could add that you were not the driver but won't be naming the driver, so they will lose at POPLA.
    So I should specifically say I was not the driver? Would this work:

"I was not the driver of the vehicle and there is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so."
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So I should specifically say I was not the driver? Would this work:

"I was not the driver of the vehicle and there is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so."
    Perfect 👍 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the keeper was not the driver, then yes, add that as well. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business