17 replies 1.1K views
2»

Replies

• MSE_Ben_HMSE_Ben_H MSE Staff
    114 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    MSE Staff
    @cornishpasty1
    I appreciate that the current search isn't ideal or doesn't work in the way that would most benefit you. We are trying to balance the needs of Competitions Time visitors and members, and those who don't use Competitions Time too.

We hope the new search will be a step toward providing choices that can work for both Compers and non-Compers alike - there might still be work to do after that. Although 'Search' might feel like a basic request, I promise, it is far from it. 

I appreciate your patience and understand it might be wearing thin...the only promise I can personally make is we are working incredibly hard to balance the needs of all members and sub-communities sharing this space.
  • priorsleepriorslee Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Ben_H said:
    @cornishpasty1
    I appreciate that the current search isn't ideal or doesn't work in the way that would most benefit you. We are trying to balance the needs of Competitions Time visitors and members, and those who don't use Competitions Time too.
    I'm sorry but this is quite a major understatement.  Your first sentence contains too many words. 
    It's quite simple:  the current search function doesn't work
    If it were covered by the Consumer Rights Act it would fail on the 'F' of SADFART! 
  • Norman_CastleNorman_Castle Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Badges

Photogenic10000 PostsName DropperPart of the FurnitureFirst Post10 Posts100 Posts500 Posts1000 PostsFirst AnniversarySecond AnniversaryThird AnniversaryFourth AnniversaryFifth AnniversarySixth AnniversarySeventh AnniversaryEighth AnniversaryNinth AnniversaryTenth Anniversary

Whilst its clear someone thinks gathering badges is great, just like in the brownies, I can happily live without them. Unfortunately I doubt you'll get rid of them completely but if a forum user has a 10 year badge do we really need to scroll past the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 year badges every time we want to look at threads we've posted on?

I'm not a cat.
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove the images ... each badge is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
    Jenni x
  • Norman_CastleNorman_Castle Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jenni_D said:
    Please remove the images ... each badge is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Copied and pasted. Thats how they landed. I'll remove them when mse remove them from everyone's profile :)
    I'm not a cat.
  • MSE_Laura_FMSE_Laura_F
    218 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    The changes are now live. Please see MSE Marcus's announcement for details.

As he says, we're keen for your feedback and have created a dedicated feedback form. Please use it to report any issues or bugs you spot.

Thank you,

MSE Laura F
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides