NSI Cash ISA - slow/stalled transfer

Options
With the demise of interest on the NSI Cash ISA, I finally kicked off a transfer to Vanguard on 6th April.  Vanguard e-mailed me a form to fill in and sign (NSI don't do on-line xfers), and sent it back to Vanguard within a few days.  Transfer shows as "In Progress" on Vanguard, but no sign of any movement from NSI.  How long before I chase, and who do I chase?  I'm watching the market closely in case I lose out. is compensation possible?
Anyone else seeing timely transfers from NSI?
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You chase Vanguard as the receiving party is responsible for the transfer.
  • gundo
    gundo Posts: 249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my experience Vanguard aren't the quickest at this kind of thing. Took more than 3 weeks for them to confirm my identity when I first opened my S&S ISA with them. I daresay Covid didn't help (staff working from home, some self-isolating etc.)
    Trying hard to be a good moneysaver.
  • DavidT67
    DavidT67 Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Give it three months at least...
    Vanguard, HL, AJB all quoting 8-12 weeks for ISA transfers in or out nowadays.
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 754 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah, found this on Vanguard FAQ site:
    If your provider requires signed paperwork, then the transfer could take 8 to 10 weeks but it can sometimes take longer.
    I'll just sit tight for a bit longer, and enjoy basking in the 0.1% interest.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback