IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Victory for Motorists: MHCLG Caps Parking Charges at £50 (£80 in London) with Mandatory 50% Discount

Options
The MHCLG has now considered the responses to the Public Consultation, and decided that private parking charges should be in line with Local Authority rates. Full document here: Parking code enforcement framework: consultation response - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

This represents a victory for common sense, and a curbing of the scam figures claimed by PPCs. For retail parks and supermarkets outside London, the PCN amount is capped at £50, reduced to £25 if paid within 14 days. I suspect that most people will just pay up at the lower figure, and the regulars on this board will have far fewer new queries to address going forward.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We need a solid start date too

Onwards and upwards. 👍👍
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a £130 tier mentioned too, for London.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    This is already covered by an earlier thread (and another thread that came after the first one as well).

Government CoP/CoE update. — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    It's like the big red bus, we wait and wait and loads come along together.
    We only need one thread and with the posts by ParkingMad and Blackdog's link ... your thread is the one to follow Fruitcake
  • blackdog2220
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Yacht - For Sale
    Bentley - For Sale
    Aston Martin - For Sale
    Range Rover - For Sale
    Gymkhana Ponies - For Sale
    WAGS - Leaving
    Waitrose Account - Closed
    Nearest Kwik Save? 🥴

Oh dear!
    6 yrs is a long long time its a case of only the breathing will be able to affird court fees , BW will disappear back to phone debts , DCBL will be having there hair cut ready for another tv show <spit> 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback