756 replies 27K views
1707172737476»

Replies

• ScotfrozeScotfroze Forumite
    4 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    WEALTH55 said:
    @Scotfroze they do take home report if it is a house your moving into and not renting out
    Thanks yes I'm buying to live in the property. that's good to know, wonder if I'd get the valuation fee back. My broker advised last week that they've instructed the valuation but I've heard nothing since as surprised they hadn't took the home report. The longer the wait the more stressed I'm getting that they'll now reject me - there's already been a rejection initially due to a technical issue on they're end (added more stress)!! 
  • WEALTH55WEALTH55 Forumite
    2 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Scotfroze said:
    WEALTH55 said:
    @Scotfroze they do take home report if it is a house your moving into and not renting out
    Thanks yes I'm buying to live in the property. that's good to know, wonder if I'd get the valuation fee back. My broker advised last week that they've instructed the valuation but I've heard nothing since as surprised they hadn't took the home report. The longer the wait the more stressed I'm getting that they'll now reject me - there's already been a rejection initially due to a technical issue on they're end (added more stress)!! 
    I would suggest your broker contacts them as I asked my broker how he keyed mine and he said there was an option to select a Scotland home report so it seems your broker has made the error here...
  • ScotfrozeScotfroze Forumite
    4 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    @WEALTH55 thanks I’ll give them a call Monday to ask the question. 
  • SandyR07SandyR07 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi All,

We are FTB, I have credit issues with two defaults from five years ago my partner has an excellent credit history. Combined income of £100k. We are looking to purchase a property for £440k with 95% LTV from Aldermore. Our mortgage broker has reassured us that our case is straightforward and we should be in receipt of an offer within five weeks. But after reading this forum I’m highly doubtful! 

Just thought I’d document our progress as it happens. So currently we have  passed all supporting documentation has been passed to our MB. 

• Ros3s1Ros3s1 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi All

Just wanted to update for those are that are going through the process more recently.

We have now received our mortgage offer: 90% LTV

Our r main issue was 2 defaults from 4 years ago, both settled 

29/09/2021: Full Application Submitted

Requested further documents twice 

19/10/2021: Valuation Carried Out

23/10/2021: Mortgage Offer Received in Post

so I would say the process is going a lot quicker now stamp duty holiday is over. And people are slowly returning to offices 

Good Luck Everyone :)

Now the stress of waiting for a completion date begins

• SandyR07SandyR07 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just to give you an update and our timeline below;
    - mortgage submitted to lender 21 October
    - valuation carried out 26 October
    - mortgage offer received 1 November

Our mortgage broker was surprised at how quickly the process went through. Very pleased and so far couldn’t fault them at all.