EPC for ASHP

Options
2»

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Options
    Overfloor underfloor heating?  You need lots of insulation under the heating elements, available insulation is thick so you raise the floor height quite a lot.  Can you put "underfloor" heating pipes inside a wall instead?
    Reed
  • Starfrog
    Starfrog Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would place Kingspan or similar under the actual floorboards then use the wundatherm directly above the floorboards its about 20mm and then another 20mm for choice of floor so about 1.75 inch so not too bad and I was replacing all my doors anyway 

——-
    12 x JASolar 455w Panels (5.46kWp south facing array) Enphase Microinverters IQ7+, Lux AC ESS 3.6kW, 5 x 2.4kwh = 12kWh Plyontech US2000C Battery storage, Lochinver far North, west coast of Scotland 
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    So you have to lift all your floorboards and then refix them or replace with new?  That's not an economical option except as DIY, surely?
    Reed
  • Starfrog
    Starfrog Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 February 2021 at 9:02AM
    Options
    I didn’t say I was replacing all my floorboards, and they don’t need refixing, some will need to be tightened up no doubt but the overfloor underfloor saves me from having to lift all the floor boards. I’m doing a renovation of the entire house so any work will be done for a reason. Just to clarify I would use the crawl space under my ground floor to fit insulation and upstairs I’ll lift boards to fit all the new lighting points anyway and fill with insulation then 
    ——-
    12 x JASolar 455w Panels (5.46kWp south facing array) Enphase Microinverters IQ7+, Lux AC ESS 3.6kW, 5 x 2.4kwh = 12kWh Plyontech US2000C Battery storage, Lochinver far North, west coast of Scotland 
  • shinytop
    shinytop Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Even though we're replacing fooring in quite a lot of our house, I decided fitting UF heating was still too big a job.  We'd have to either rip up the suspended floor (too big a job) or fit on top (ceilings too low) as @Starfrog is doing. Oversized radiators are what we're doing.    
  • Starfrog
    Options
    shinytop said:
    Even though we're replacing fooring in quite a lot of our house, I decided fitting UF heating was still too big a job.  We'd have to either rip up the suspended floor (too big a job) or fit on top (ceilings too low) as @Starfrog is doing. Oversized radiators are what we're doing.    
    Agree each house and owner will have different criteria and for me renovating the house is important as its sat empty for the last 6 years and needs to be upgraded from the 1965 build (it has double glazing but its not good double glazing) there is no insulation at all and sits a big job for all the work im looking at being done but this is the right time for me to do it and to spend the money to make sure its done right. I did think about oversize radiators but I felt they really would be too big for the size of house. 
    ——-
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback