We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Yorkshire Energy

Options
Annw299
Annw299 Posts: 4 Newbie
First Post Name Dropper
I am a former customer of Yorkshire Energy and am still waiting for my final bill and credit which is quite a substantial amount. I am interested to know if any others have received their final bill and credit since I am getting no where with Scottish Power. They just advise that I have to wait but for how long?!

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 February 2021 at 3:56PM
    Options
    There's a big thread on the Energy board Yorkshire energy ? - Page 163 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Granted it's 163 pages long by now.  A few people have started receiving final bills from Yorkshire Energy, but only this week.  Keep in mind YE are in administration so will be operating on a skeleton staff. Some have been in touch with the administrators who've advised they expect the final bills to generated in batches over the next couple of weeks.

At that point they have to notify Scottish Power of the credits and Scottish Power will either apply the credit to your SP account, or refund it by cheque.  It will likely be a few weeks yet, if not longer.
  • Annw299
    Options
    ok thank you, I hadn't seen that post. Hopefully won't have to wait too long then.
  • alpaco47
    Options
    I have received a bill from SP which is 29% higher than I would have paid with YE. I spoke directly to YE administrators in Leeds and they gave me my final bill and told me what credit I had within 24hrs. This has been applied to my SP account and they have just taken it to pay their bill!. SP have given me 4 different tariffs since the 22nd Dec and charged me on the highest rate. Have had an ongoing battle with them since the end of Dec, which is still not settled. They have arranged to call me on 3 occasions and failed every time. Their customers service is the worst I have encountered. I moved to Bulb at the beginning of Feb, that took less than 3 weeks to complete. 
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is the Oil and LPG board see posts above.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback