WTC's Estimating further reduced working hours.

13»

Replies

• DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dandytf said:
    @poppy12345
    If you can help over next few days,
    I have one Full time Job offer, does accepting this 37.5 hour job affect WTC's
    This is due to Redundancy, is this considered a change in Circumstances triggering UC claim.
    Does 18K per year lead me to loosing WTC's.
    T.i.a.

If you haven't claimed UC or ended your tax credits claim then your tax credits can continue.
    Thanks Poppy, I'll continue and update WTC's online once I have start date of new job.
    :)
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    2015 Zoe i nav -90-100 miles top charge.
    Savings continue.
  • edited 3 March 2021 at 8:42AM
    DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 3 March 2021 at 8:42AM
    If you haven't claimed UC or ended your tax credits claim then your tax credits can continue but you'll need to use a benefits calculator to check whether there's still any entitlement to WTC because i have no idea. You will of course need to report the changes to HMRC otherwise you could have an overpayment.
    Thanks Poppy, No UC claim and No I haven't ended WTC's.
    I'm going to accept new job with 15th March start date, that's excellent Idea, Calculator points to some continuation approx 295 per month of Working Tax credits, not sure if Gov Calculator includes the Temp +20 per week.
    And I'll need to Cancel Council Tax Reduction as I won't be a Low Earner anymore and Cancel Warm Home Discount which has been amazing whilst Part Time.
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    2015 Zoe i nav -90-100 miles top charge.
    Savings continue.
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    15.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good luck with the job. Yes you'll need to report the changes with your local council. The warm home discount needs to be applied for each year so there's nothing to cancel with that.