WTC's Estimating further reduced working hours.

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Forumite Posts: 4,669
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks mser's
    useful tel calls this week to local support.
    Plan is ESA claim online, re claim Council Tax Deduction.
    Then UC only after final redundancy payments are received.
    And the Mortgage Interest help in form of a loan?
    Though as I'm almost past this week, I plan to search for the minimum travel part time job, a small miracle with MS.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv 125mb fibre
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Forumite Posts: 7,411
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dandytf said:
    Thanks mser's
    Though as I'm almost past this week, I plan to search for the minimum travel part time job, a small miracle with MS.
    Just FYI, Support for Mortgage Interest is only available once you have been claiming UC (or another applicable benefit) with zero earned income.  Any earned income after that triggers another 9 month period (with zero income) before you qualify again.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Forumite Posts: 17,381
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dandytf said:

Yes, it needs to be repaid back in the future. I do believe i advised on the 9 month wait with zero income quite sometime ago on a previous thread of yours. Details here of the SMI.https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Support-for-mortgage-interest-Universal-Credit

• Dandytf
    Forumite
    Dandytf said:

Yes, it needs to be repaid back in the future. I do believe i advised on the 9 month wait with zero income quite sometime ago on a previous thread of yours. Details here of the SMI.https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Support-for-mortgage-interest-Universal-Credit

I remember, this Zero income is new to me.
    Good that I have managed 2 days this week to at least get info on some way forward.
    Job prospects are ver limited with MS, though can at least try some online applications.
    Thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv 125mb fibre
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Dandytf said:
    Thanks mser's
    Just FYI, Support for Mortgage Interest is only available once you have been claiming UC (or another applicable benefit) with zero earned income.  Any earned income after that triggers another 9 month period (with zero income) before you qualify again.
    That's similar as to why I have been advised to leave UC application until after final redundancy payment, so it becomes a past income as such.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    Redundancy is not classed as income when claiming UC, it's classed as savings. What would affect your UC is any holidays and pay in lieu of notice and this would reduce your UC by 63% because at the moment you will not have any work allowance.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    @poppy12345
    Is ESA timing a concern around redundancy payment.
    thanks
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    No because NsESA isn't means tested.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    edited 2 March 2021 at 10:56PM
    @poppy12345
    If you can help over next few days,
    I have one Full time Job offer, does accepting this 37.5 hour job affect WTC's
    This is due to Redundancy, is this considered a change in Circumstances triggering UC claim.
    Does 18K per year lead me to loosing WTC's.
    T.i.a.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    edited 2 March 2021 at 11:18PM
    Dandytf said:
    @poppy12345
    If you can help over next few days,
    I have one Full time Job offer, does accepting this 37.5 hour job affect WTC's
    This is due to Redundancy, is this considered a change in Circumstances triggering UC claim.
    Does 18K per year lead me to loosing WTC's.
    T.i.a.

If you haven't claimed UC or ended your tax credits claim then your tax credits can continue but you'll need to use a benefits calculator to check whether there's still any entitlement to WTC because i have no idea. You will of course need to report the changes to HMRC otherwise you could have an overpayment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.6K Life & Family
  • 245.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback