IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice - Vehicle Control Services Ltd

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Generally it only helps to keep the driver's identity a secret if the driver is not the keeper, and the scammers did not comply with the PoFA 2012.

If the NTK can hold the keeper liable then there is no advantage in hiding the driver's identity.
    Sometimes it is better to admit being the driver so they their WS is exactly that, a statement from a witness on the day of the alleged event.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Keith - but all it requires is the judge or Rep asking the quersiton, and the OP woul dhave to answer truthfully
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    sc-uk said:
    Hi, Please find below what I am proposing for my defence:

"2.       It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper of the vehicle in question but liability is denied. It is admitted that the Defendant was the driver of the vehicle in question but liability is denied. 

3.  When entering the St Mary’s Gate Retail Car Park the Defendant did not see any displayed signage due to the car park entrance being on a left-hand bend and across a busy city centre pedestrian footpath, whereby where the Defendant's due care and attention was focussed. The parking space that was chosen by the Defendant on that day was close to the entrance and upon subsequent investigation not near to any other signage.  Whilst upon further Upon later investigation it was found that a ‘Welcome’ sign, which is located to at the entrance of the car park, it is not accompanied by a ‘Parking Terms and Conditions’ sign.  Two signs, which are either located on the building facade or and to on the rear of (the) other ‘Welcome’ signs around the car park.  These two signs do not accompany each other but are not in all prominent locations, there is signage are of different sizes and types, in different locations with different fonts, font sizes and different sign types, which is misleading and unclear.

For paragraph 2, adjust as indicated by @KeithP
    Paragraph 3 would be better as above.  You have written about two (other) signs, is this correct?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Keith - but all it requires is the judge or Rep asking the quersiton, and the OP woul dhave to answer truthfully
    Of course.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Unless they suffered from amnesia!
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • sc-uk
    sc-uk Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for your help on the two sections, I have updated them as suggested and include below for reference:

2.  It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper and driver of the vehicle in question but liability is denied. 

3.  When entering the St Mary’s Gate Retail Car Park the Defendant did not see any displayed signage due to the car park entrance being on a left-hand bend and across a busy city centre pedestrian footpath, where the Defendant’s due care and attention was focussed. The parking space that was chosen by the Defendant on that day was close to the entrance and upon subsequent investigation not near to any other signage.

Upon later investigation it was found that a ‘Welcome’ sign, which is located at the entrance of the car park, is not accompanied by a ‘Parking Terms and Conditions’ sign, which are located on the building facade and on the rear of (the) other ‘Welcome’ signs around the car park, but are not in prominent locations, are of different sizes and types, with different fonts and font sizes, which is misleading.

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That needs numbering for every paragraph OR just incorporate the part starting "Upon later investigation........." into the paragraph #3.
  • sc-uk
    sc-uk Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

I received a 'Notice of Change of Legal Representative' via post the other day stating that their legal representative has ceased to act on their behalf and that they will now be acting in person.

Is this some sort of tactic; is it normal? They have offered to settle a reduced amount in their covering letter, which I intend to ignore.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 April 2021 at 7:07PM
    Options
    This is the second change of legal rep we have seen this week. We can but speculate the reason why, but it makes little difference to your case.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills