Forum Home» Motoring

Best EV SUV for 3 baby seats?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Best EV SUV for 3 baby seats?

29 replies 703 views
NewnoelNewnoel Forumite
197 posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
We are looking to get a new SUV soon, needs to be an EV and be able to take 3 rear facing baby seats
Shortlist is 7 seater Tesla X or the Jag i-Pace
Thoughts?

Replies

• mgfvvcmgfvvc Forumite
    676 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    7 seat Tesla model X seems risky to me. Tesla build quality is poor, at least for the US built cars. The Chinese made cars are supposed to be much better. Apparently the 2 popup seats have very little legroom, if that matters to you. Can you actually see/drive one before ordering? I don't think 7 seaters are in production yet. I don't think I'd like to have all my controls on a touch screen. I'd like buttons and knobs for the air con and stereo. Depending in where you need to drive, the Model X may be just too big.
    The i-Pace looks great and you can actually try before you buy. I'm assuming it's not as wide as a Model X because it's designed with UK roads in mind, but I could be wrong.
    I've not tried either.  They are way too expensive and too big for me to seriously consider.
  • edited 21 January at 2:54PM
    frost500frost500 Forumite
    79 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 21 January at 2:54PM
    Hi Newnoel. What you need to do is go to Tesla, try it for size etc, see if you like. Then do the same thing at Jaguar. 
  • Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    frost500 said:
    Hi Newnoel. What you need to do is go to Tesla, try it for size etc, see if you like. Then do the same thing at Jaguar. 
    And take the baby seats with you and check how well and how easily they fit in and out.
  • mgfvvcmgfvvc Forumite
    676 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Coincidentally a YouTube review of the 7 seat Model X popped up in my feed. The legroom seems to be better than I thought on the 3rd row, but there seem to be onkhy 2 Isofix points in row 2 and none in the 3rd row.
  • ontheroad1970ontheroad1970 Forumite
    426 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    mgfvvc said:
    Coincidentally a YouTube review of the 7 seat Model X popped up in my feed. The legroom seems to be better than I thought on the 3rd row, but there seem to be onkhy 2 Isofix points in row 2 and none in the 3rd row.
    That will be no coincidence ;)
  • NewnoelNewnoel Forumite
    197 posts
    THanks all - less concerned about the isofix points or the rear seats and more concerned about the internal width across the middle row
    Is there another EV that offers greater width?
  • RambosmumRambosmum Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do both allow a child seat in the middle seat? Not all cars do - even ones you would think would. So definitely check that first. 
  • bengalknightsbengalknights Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think the Volvo XC90 also allows 3 baby seats but not sure if the all electric version if still to be released in April or has been deferred
  • SupersonosSupersonos Forumite
    962 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Newnoel said:
    needs to be an EV 
    Why does it need to be an EV?  There are so many great cars out there for your usage, why give yourself such a narrow choice?
  • NewnoelNewnoel Forumite
    197 posts
    Newnoel said:
    needs to be an EV 
    Why does it need to be an EV?  There are so many great cars out there for your usage, why give yourself such a narrow choice?
    Because the communists that run this country tax any other form of company car to the absolute pips.
    I agree that EVs are overpriced, but the tax advantages are too good to turn down