We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BT COMPLAINTS HELP

Options
BT COMPLAINTS HELP

I am trying very hard to get a deadlock letter from BT so that we can move forward with an unresolved complaint.
My mum is 90 and is housebound but can use an iPad well and is dependant on this for shopping and face time with friends and family.
Since March last year her internet connection has been so poor , less than 1mbs when it’s is actually working. In August she took out BT with Halo contract so that if her internet failed to work she would remain connected however after lots of call it transpires that BT don’t have a signal in this area so we’re unable to fulfil their promise , she has had engineers out ( when family can be with her) but broadband only last a couple of days then goes off again . My mum has now bought a cellular iPad and is paying for a Vodafone giga cube ( the only provider with a signal in that area). 
My mum wants to cancel broadband with BT as doesn’t work but they want her to pay £300 ( which is half and they are doing her a favour ) as she has taken out a new contract ...... this is crazy as they are unable to provide the service . I have now spent many hours on phone going round in circles. I was advised a manager would phone me within 3 days but instead BT have now closed complaint - at a loss.
Anyone had any experience of resolving complaints with BT,
Thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 January 2021 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Have BT said what the problem is .Has the connection been measured at the router or via Ethernet cable to rule out flaky wiFi.
    Unless you move to Virgin you will be on the same infrastructure .
    Deadlock suggest asking on her BT Members Community forum .

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If your mother wanted to stay with BT, make sure she is registered with their Free Priority Fault Repair scheme.
    https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/help-people-with-impairments-or-with-particular-needs/i-rely-on-my-telephone-and-need-it-repaired-urgently

Otherwise, the moderators on the BT forum are very good when something is escalated to them.

Alternatively, you could email the BT CEO on philip.jansen@bt.com and one of his staff will send it to their High Level complaints team

• shug119
    shug119 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try BT help on Twitter.
  • southsidergs
    southsidergs Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gpowell said:
    Hi I have a complaint with BT. Basically we have been paying for BT sports at our old address for the last 6 years. The DD appears on the statement as BT and we thought it was our landline rental. We had e mails each month but seldom opened them as again thought they were the line rental. We estimate we have paid over £2k for a service we haven’t had. I don’t believe a root cause analysis has been completed or a check of records from 2018 to state we called and cancelled. They have closed the complaint and referred us to FOS. Has anyone taken this type of complaint to FOS? What was the outcome? tIA 
    There's a saying about assuming.

Basically though you knew you were paying a DD but thought it was for something else. The service has been there, not using it & not having it are 2 completely different things but of course it's all BT's fault. Basically it's tough luck & put it down to experience
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure