Have I lost out?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    spud17 said:
    I found a number for my local Yodel office as suggested, the number must be no longer in use, it doesn't connect.
    I phoned the Yodel helpline and went through the automated process, the robot said that there was no item with the last 4 digits of my tracking number linked to my post code.
    On inputting the full number it was confirmed that the item had been delivered.
    I hung on the line for about a minute and spoke to a South African guy, he seemed to be clued up, he could confirm that the delivery had taken place but not to my post code, it was another one in the UK, data protection then took over, but he did confirm that my mobile number was linked to the delivery???
    So, Aston Smith's suggestion might be correct.
    I'm going to wait until at least the weekend before starting an INR.

An INR will just be closed in sellers favour. Personally I would get in the phone to eBay now , they keep very long hours and I think are there until 8pm maybe even 10pm.  You need to ensure that they understand that they need to see the address that the seller has linked to the tracking , and be persistent. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Any suggestion for the best ebay number to try?
    I still have not heard back from the seller, if they would confirm that they sent by RM and didn't use Yodel I would then know that my item was (possibly) still on it's way and that the text to my mobile was a mistake.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • soolin
    spud17 said:
    Any suggestion for the best ebay number to try?
    I still have not heard back from the seller, if they would confirm that they sent by RM and didn't use Yodel I would then know that my item was (possibly) still on it's way and that the text to my mobile was a mistake.
    You need to get your own unique number to get straight through. Go through the help system, try different reasons to ‘contact us’ until you either get the call us option or the let us call you option. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • spud17
    Thanks, all new to me, never had a problem like this before.
  • spud17
    Update:
    I asked ebay for a call back, it was instant, well, 10 seconds. :)
    The seller has not even dispatched the item, so the CS person opened an INR on my behalf and I've already received the email with reference # and instructions.
    The Yodel thing seems to be a complete red herring, just an unfortunate coincidence and Aston Smith was correct regarding Yodel, somebody has made a mistake and used my mobile number.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    spud17 said:
    Update:
    I asked ebay for a call back, it was instant, well, 10 seconds. :)
    The seller has not even dispatched the item, so the CS person opened an INR on my behalf and I've already received the email with reference # and instructions.
    The Yodel thing seems to be a complete red herring, just an unfortunate coincidence and Aston Smith was correct regarding Yodel, somebody has made a mistake and used my mobile number.
    I hope this is a good omen, but don't get too excited.  All you have open is an INR.

When it's closed in your favour is the time to be happy.  
  • spud17
    Update.
    Seller just messaged that they have managed to get it he missing item posted back to them, they've repackaged it and sent it to me and could I please close the case. 
    The case times out tomorrow.

• soolin
    spud17 said:
    Update.
    Seller just messaged that they have managed to get it he missing item posted back to them, they've repackaged it and sent it to me and could I please close the case. 

Do not close the case, you cannot reopen it. Tell seller not to post it but to give you a refund instead, then start again if you still want the item. 
  • spud17 said:
    Update.

Cases stay open for ages, do you mean you can ask eBay to step in tomorrow? 
  • spud17
    spud17 said:
    Update.

Cases stay open for ages, do you mean you can ask eBay to step in tomorrow? 
    Yes. Sorry, I did not use the correct term.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure