in Debt Free Diaries
1.1K replies 44.1K views

Replies

• MrFrugalFeverMrFrugalFever Forumite
    456 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi Jade, Happy New Year!
    Sounds like you were the star of the show with the roasty dinner :)
    Keep cracking on with those debts, they will slowly but surely disappear! 
    Bit cheeky but maybe try and wangle earlier starts - bulk picks and pre-picks need doing nice and early ;) Get the extra £2.45ph haha
    If you have fallen out of love with your main job then I can understand the desire to quit, however, please consider all eventualities and what financial implication it could have to you if, say, Sainsbury's doesn't make you permanent or provide a period of overtime - leaving you on 12 hours p/w for a few weeks....

How are the surveys going, you were always hot on them, I guess with 2 jobs finding the time to fit them in must be hard if not impossible!
    Current Debt - June 22 - £3,582
    Aiming for Debt Free by December 2022.
    LISA savings challenge £4,000 by March 2023 -
    Nectar savings challenge for 2022 - £50 (for Xmas shop) £21.56 (June)
    Cashback from cashback card saving challenge this year - £50 - Save the cashback and transfer to High interest instant access
  • BlueJ94BlueJ94 Forumite, Ambassador
    2.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Jade, Happy New Year!
    Sounds like you were the star of the show with the roasty dinner :)
    Keep cracking on with those debts, they will slowly but surely disappear! 
    Bit cheeky but maybe try and wangle earlier starts - bulk picks and pre-picks need doing nice and early ;) Get the extra £2.45ph haha
    If you have fallen out of love with your main job then I can understand the desire to quit, however, please consider all eventualities and what financial implication it could have to you if, say, Sainsbury's doesn't make you permanent or provide a period of overtime - leaving you on 12 hours p/w for a few weeks....

How are the surveys going, you were always hot on them, I guess with 2 jobs finding the time to fit them in must be hard if not impossible!
    Happy new year to you also!

Haha yep, loved it again yesterday too! :smile: I plan to, I want to be debt free by Christmas which I think, is possible and definitely doable!

I've spoken with Sainsburys, they plan on keeping me on after my contact ends so permanently 12 hours p/w. I don't plan on quitting my main job until I have paid all my debts and I've got enough comfortably sitting in my savings. So I won't be short of money if as you say they don't have any over time available. I also can't push for earlier starts with two jobs, I won't have enough time to sleep aha! My main job is 8.30 until 5. I get home about 5.45/6 depending on traffic.

I'm not going to suddenly up and quit, I need to think about my future so don't plan to rush into things. I've not had any time for surveys I've not even looked. I will start doing some again soon though. 

Thanks for the advice! 
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 15 #070 Target £1000
    Pay ALL Your Debt Off By Xmas 2022! #66 £1,650/£4700
    Tilly Tidy 2022 £8.38/£500
    Saving for Christmas 2022 - £1 a day challenge #03 £8.38/£365

118 Money £1880

2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Evening all, 

Back to my main job tomorrow. The girl I work with mainly is also off for the week now as she has covid for the second time! :disappointed:

My sister is also finishing work on the 10th and going on maternity leave so she's decided she's going to spend time coming to see me after work as her OH is always at work. She's recently descovered meal prepping and she wants to do a big batch which I agreed. 

So next weekend (maybe) we're gonna do a big food shop and make some meals.

Not a lot else going on really, picked up an extra shift this Saturday but that's all. 

118 Money £1880

• ParkypParkyp Forumite
    800 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We get two bank holidays at New year so I don’t go back until Wednesday and the girl I work with is also off with covid only mild symptoms though. When is your sister due. 
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Parkyp said:
    We get two bank holidays at New year so I don’t go back until Wednesday and the girl I work with is also off with covid only mild symptoms though. When is your sister due. 
    I go back tomorrow :disappointed: oh, yeah same with the girl I work with. April I think :smile:

118 Money £1880

2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Just checked my DD to see what's going out tomorrow and noticed my TV licence has finally gone down to £13 as I was paying £36 for a few months! 

118 Money £1880

• ParkypParkyp Forumite
    800 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I wish tv license was like Netflix if you don’t pay for it you can’t watch because I would do away with it. But couldn’t trust myself not to watch channels if I cancelled it 🤣🤣. Get much more on Netflix for the money. 
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Parkyp said:
    I wish tv license was like Netflix if you don’t pay for it you can’t watch because I would do away with it. But couldn’t trust myself not to watch channels if I cancelled it 🤣🤣. Get much more on Netflix for the money. 
    Hahah! Annoyingly I only have it to watch YouTube! 

118 Money £1880

• vixx_123vixx_123 Forumite
    76 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You only need a TV licence if you're watching live programmes on YouTube (tbh I didn't know it covered YouTube! Also, not sure how they prove a lot of these things). I pay for a TV licence to watch iPlayer, so consider it like paying for Netflix.

"The law says you need to be covered by a TV Licence to:

• watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
    • watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)
    • download or watch any BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer."
  • MrFrugalFeverMrFrugalFever Forumite
    456 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I haven’t had a TV licence for over 2 years now and refuse to do so. I have developed a strong disliking towards the BBC and therefore refuse to fund their political agenda.

not once have I had anyone come and check, nor am I aware of them having the ability to check without physically catching you in the act or tracking your log-ins to services such as BBC iPlayer.
    Current Debt - June 22 - £3,582
    Aiming for Debt Free by December 2022.
    LISA savings challenge £4,000 by March 2023 -
    Nectar savings challenge for 2022 - £50 (for Xmas shop) £21.56 (June)
    Cashback from cashback card saving challenge this year - £50 - Save the cashback and transfer to High interest instant access