We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

does anyone know how I can make flannel cakes?

1…133134136138139…245

Comments

  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Chris25 wrote: »
    .......perhaps you could put a small bar of soap underneath ?

    Thats a really good idea, thanks!
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Chris25 wrote: »
    .......perhaps you could put a small bar of soap underneath ?

    Good idea.

    I haven't bought the flannels for this purpose though; they are to make reindeers. I just thought I'd mention it as I was talking about the socks and lots on here use flannels instead.

    I was also wondering though, if it would be possible to put a bottle of something (lotion or whatever) in the middle. If it was one with a round, bead type lid, and travel size, I thought the lid could be the 'cherry' on the top iyswim?
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    bestpud wrote: »

    I was also wondering though, if it would be possible to put a bottle of something (lotion or whatever) in the middle. If it was one with a round, bead type lid, and travel size, I thought the lid could be the 'cherry' on the top iyswim?


    that's inspired! :)
  • happy1234
    happy1234 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Please can I just again where I can buy the cupcake cases other than ebay? I want them for the 2 colour flannels.

    Also where can I buy the cellophane bags at the right size for them?

    Thanks
    Avon sales - C4 £108
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    happy1234 wrote: »
    Also where can I buy the cellophane bags at the right size for them?

    Thanks


    if you have a look above at Cookiedough's post #1346, there's a link to a company that she has used :)

    and there are some in Lakeland that might do http://www.lakeland.co.uk/cellophane-bags/F/C/storing-preserving/product/12007 they're certainly large enough to accommodate a filled mug - but they don't have the gusset.
  • CandyB101_2
    CandyB101_2 Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Unfortunately there is no picture, but here's an idea for making a Santa using a towel instead of a flannel
    http://rubyglen.com/holiday/santa.htm
    Then again, when I think back to how many times I had to roll each flannel :eek: Oh well, maybe one of us could work it out :rotfl:
    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness :D
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Candy, thank you so much for the link (brought back happy memories) - I've never seen that site before and I found this http://rubyglen.com/crafts/address.htm My aunt gave these to a friend as a moving-in present. It was Easter time and under the potplants she hid little eggs:)

    But it could be a nice Christmas present too with cyclamen or winter flowering pansies.
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    My son and I have been busy this afternoon (whilst littlest one was sleeping) Managed to knock up 9 reindeer. All complete. :)
    DSCN2606.jpg
    DSCN2607.jpg
    Then I decided to wrap one in cellophane and oh my life what a nightmare, it looks rubbish! I am thinking maybe cello bags would help? Any suggestions?
    DSCN2608.jpg
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    OMG - Rusty, you've been industrious :D

    could you just store them in bags to keep clean until you're ready to give them out?

    I know what you mean, it spoils the effect somewhat....but then that might only be because we know what they look like unwrapped :D
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Chris25 wrote: »
    OMG - Rusty, you've been industrious :D

    could you just store them in bags to keep clean until you're ready to give them out?

    I know what you mean, it spoils the effect somewhat....but then that might only be because we know what they look like unwrapped :D

    I could do that, but I would have liked to have wrapped them in cello then let my son make up some tags as I plan to give these as presents from the 2 children to family. Don't think it is going to be possible though. Thanks.
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.