We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Sold Car on FB_Am I at risk or overthinking
Comments
-
The only doubt (sorry being a constant worrier) I have is that I did not see a proof of address. However, I do have their online profile and phone number etc.0
-
You must have an address for them... So just put that on the keeper change.
If they gave you a wrong address, that's not your problem. They simply won't get their V5C. Just the same as if you'd been able to do the keeper change while they were there.0 -
So, my worst fear just came true, the buyer just rang me that police has taken the car from them as he did not have insurance and not registered to his name. He wants me to come to the police station. I have told me to show them
1) Sales email receipt (He did not show that as it was with his friend)
2) Take out insurance
3) And, if the police still wants me to come, i can come.
What should I do nexT?0 -
Laugh at him and hang up.
If the police come, YOU show them the receipt.0 -
Insurance is entirely their problem. Wonder why they were stopped tho as presumably from your postings a normal check would have shown tax and insurance?
0 -
Not quite sure.. i cancelled the insurance this morning after the offices open.GrumpyDil said:Insurance is entirely their problem. Wonder why they were stopped tho as presumably from your postings a normal check would have shown tax and insurance?
1. As i mentioned, I gave them he receipt from my old V5C while I am waiting for new V5C to come next week. T
Just spoke to the local police and they are saying its buyer's responsibility as a transaction has been made.
I was/am just freaking out if I should have waited for the updated V5.0 -
That probably explains the stop.
Although while the car is in your name you are liable to either Sorn it or keep it taxed and insured. I probably would have left the insurance in place until I got the V5 back and completed an online update of the sale.
Although I suspect there's very little likelihood of anything coming of this.1 -
Was planning to do that (leave it at least taxed) but I did ask them to draw out the insurance. I am going to stay put and hopefully, it is not going to come back and bite me.GrumpyDil said:That probably explains the stop.
Although while the car is in your name you are liable to either Sorn it or keep it taxed and insured. I probably would have left the insurance in place until I got the V5 back and completed an online update of the sale.
Although I suspect there's very little likelihood of anything coming of this.0 -
DVLA office is closed till tomorrow. So, I can only ring them tomorrow and update of the situation. I suppose that should be a wrap from my side.
Should i ring the buyer to ensure all is sorted or not bother? My mind says, not bother!0 -
Why did you update your address last week and then sell the car before that process completed?K2S04 said:When i tried to complete the sale online (DVLA) it did not recognise my V5 number (because last week I sent them my updated address).
Would it not have been simpler to delay the sale until the address change had gone through, or delay the address change (never do it) and just sell the car?0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards