IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement - "On Claim for Debt"

Options

Comments

• Justme2020
    Options
    I've now got my SCC through today. I was very surprised they actually went through with this considering the "offence" was 18+ months ago. I'll go back to the thread and follow the advice / defence.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is an SCC?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've now got my SCC through today. I was very surprised they actually went through with this considering the "offence" was 18+ months ago. I'll go back to the thread and follow the advice / defence.
    Smell the coffee - they have 6 years to pursue you to court. 

We are currently dealing with a rash of claims from various PPCs and their solicitors chasing ancient parking charges nearing that 6-year Limitations Act cut-off, as they scrape their barrel of unpaid PCNs to fill the massive hole in their income caused by the COVID lockdown effect on car usage (80% down quoted frequently). 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    i am assuming small claims court, but OP - please dont make up terms, if you have a Claim Form N1, then call it exactly trhat
  • Justme2020
    Options
    i am assuming small claims court, but OP - please dont make up terms, if you have a Claim Form N1, then call it exactly trhat
    Small Claims Court.
    Not making up terms, just abrieviating 
  • Justme2020
    Options
    Umkomaas said:

We are currently dealing with a rash of claims from various PPCs and their solicitors chasing ancient parking charges nearing that 6-year Limitations Act cut-off, as they scrape their barrel of unpaid PCNs to fill the massive hole in their income caused by the COVID lockdown effect on car usage (80% down quoted frequently). 
    Umkomaas said:

Wow.
    For me, I hadn't heard from them in over 7 months, all had gone quiet. That was my surprise that they could then be bothered following up. I assumed they'd moved on to their next shakedown victim.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Small Claims Court.
    Ah! So a court was delivered to you?
    interesting
    so, you have a claim fiom? Yes or no. 
    If yes, issue date?

oh and it's small claims track.  No such thing as small claims court. 
  • Justme2020
    Options
    Small Claims Court.
    interesting
    If yes, issue date?

Yes, Claim Form
    Issued Date: 15th Feb
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Small Claims Court.
    interesting
    If yes, issue date?

Yes, Claim Form

With a Claim Issue Date of 15th February, you have until Monday 8th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 22nd March 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
  • Justme2020
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Small Claims Court.
    interesting
    If yes, issue date?

Yes, Claim Form

With a Claim Issue Date of 15th February, you have until Monday 8th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 22nd March 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
    Thanks Keith, appreciated.
    I'll do the AoS in the week and saw that there is a 2020 'defence' in the Newbies thread also. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback