We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2021

1…8283858788

Comments

  • thanks muppets for this thread which really helped me become debt free earlier this year !  Good luck everyone for next year

    love Deni 
    i only had £450 to pay off this year to be debt free but my highest amount of debt was over 10k in 2018 :( 
    this thread and the MSE forum is so supportive, keep going everyone x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2025 ⭐️⭐️🏅
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2026 🏅🏅🏅⭐️
  • Good morning everyone! Please put me down for £15 which now makes it £62/£177.28 paid. Awaiting payday to pay off a chunk!
    Number 17-Pay off all your debt by Xmas 2024 Tesco CC £50/£127.95 Debt=39% paid.
  • Good to see you back Muppets. Thank you for updating the totals, what an amazing amount that has been collectively cleared. 

    I’ve paid off a further £150 bringing the total this year to
    #93. £2855/££7,250.
    paydbx2026 #19 £3324/£6000 . Mortgage start £148k June 23 - now £133k.
    2026 savings challenge £0/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £2.17
  • dg1019
    dg1019 Posts: 967
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Another £13.30 cleared this week. 

    #3 £3602.53 / £11320 31.82%
    Tesco 4163.90 (-86.00 since 01/01/23)
    First Direct 2437.49 (-153.09 since 01/01/23)
    Halifax 2391.37 (-55.70 since 01/01/23)
    MBNA 1577.00 (-78.00 since 01/01/23)
    Virgin 786.66 (-25.00 since 01/01/23)
    Overdraft 500.00 (-0 since 01/01/23)
    Spending CC 4538.34 (+521.24 since 10/01/23)
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,474
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Paid my final £174 a few days ago so I am clear of personal debt  :D sadly I still have some money on my credit card for my car insurance claim, I am going through the legal process for that and it should all be reimbursed so I don't really "count" it. Everyone should be really proud of whatever they've paid off, this was a great thread for me that kept me accountable every month.
  • nomi01
    nomi01 Posts: 463
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Another £200 paid ro debt.
    So close to my goal that I am going to see if I can meet it next week.

     #11  £11,027/£11300
    🎄PAYDBXMAS21 #11  £11,300/£11300
    Target met.
    💥PAYDBXMAS22  #11 £5000/£5000 target met.
    PAYDBXMAS23 #26 £5000/£5000 paid

  • atti
    atti Posts: 224
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've been terrible at posting here but I managed to clear the lot with a few days to spare.  Since I last posted I paid off £1468.55 bringing me to

    #18 3429.33/3429.33

    Whilst I was more of an absentee member than not, being part of this challenge was always in the back of my mind and each time I paid a bit more off I thought 'must update thread'.  So perhaps now I've cleared my debt my new challenge can be to actually actively post on challenges I'm involved in!!


    #13 Make 2023 in 2023 - £2085.20/£2023
    #23 Save £8k in 2023 - £6642.66/£8000
  • nomi01
    nomi01 Posts: 463
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    🥳🥳🥳 I HAVE DONE IT, REACHED MY TARGET AND PAID £11,300/£11,300.

    NUMBER 11 HAS PAID 100% OFF DEBT THIS YEAR 

    I WILL BE BACK IN 2022 FOR THE FINAL STINT.
    🎄PAYDBXMAS21 #11  £11,300/£11300
    Target met.
    💥PAYDBXMAS22  #11 £5000/£5000 target met.
    PAYDBXMAS23 #26 £5000/£5000 paid

  • Birdee
    Birdee Posts: 50
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Haven't posted in a while and payments have slowed down in the second half of the year with a house move, increased rent, and a new job. Have now settled into new budget and payment schedule so ready to carry on attacking the debt in 2022.

    Final total for the year

    #55  £6,784.89/ £16,126.94

    DEBT FREE
    Starting Debt = £25,046.68 (Nov 2019)
    Current Debt = £0
    Total paid off =  £25,046.68 (100%) June 2023

    Pay Debt by Xmas23 #24 - £4,384.36/£4,384.36
    Pay Debt by Xmas22 - £4,957.69/£9,342.05

  • GeorgianaCavendish
    GeorgianaCavendish Posts: 2,393
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 21 December 2021 at 10:21AM
    #33 £7500 / £7500 = 100% repaid

    Thank you @muppets for this excellent thread, it has really kept me motivated with finishing the final stage of my journey to debt freedom! 

    Happy Christmas everyone and good luck in 2022! 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.