Forum Home» Credit Cards

JAJA balance transfer to another credit card

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

JAJA balance transfer to another credit card

6 replies 333 views
NufcashNufcash Forumite
4 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
I wondered if anyone else was struggling to find a credit card that would accept a balance transfer from
a JAJA credit card?

I was previously with post office which has since switched over to JAJA. I was informed a couple of weeks ago my 0% rate was expiring and after trying to do a balance transfer to both a sainsburys bank and a HSBC credit card, both have refused to approve the transfer from JAJA.

I have since spoke to JAJA and was informed that as they are new it will take 1-2 weeks for other banks to approve balance transfers, so I am to try again in a couple of weeks. Sounded to me like I was just being fobbed off but we’ll see.

Only other option I can see is to take a loan out to pay the remaining £5000 on the card or I will be paying 22% interest on a card I cannot transfer from!

Replies

• edited 16 December 2020 at 10:15AM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 December 2020 at 10:15AM
    It certainly doesn't sound like any off-fobbery. 

Rather than get a loan, why not go for a money transfer if you don't want to wait a couple of weeks?  How long will it take you clear the debt?
  • penners324penners324 Forumite
    677 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Jaja have been around for over a year so they're not new...
  • DanC30DanC30 Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I am currently having the same problem. I want to transfer 2k off his poxy JAJA credit card but HSBC and first direct don't recognise the bank and can't transfer the money!
  • Wardy2cWardy2c Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    DanC30 said:
    I am currently having the same problem. I want to transfer 2k off his poxy JAJA credit card but HSBC and first direct don't recognise the bank and can't transfer the money!
    Mate they’re a nightmare. 
    I couldn’t do a balance transfer onto a Virgin credit card.

I ended up taking out a money transfer on MBNA card to pay off Jaja and close the account.

Terrible experience with a card I’d never asked for.

Wish you good luck.

• matthew.wearmouthmatthew.wearmouth Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I'm the same. Phoned JaJa and they said they would open a case and I would hear from them. That was before Christmas. Heard nothing. Again, terrible considering like Dan I didn't asked for this card!  
  • JohnsSmithJohnsSmith Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I've had a load of issues and couldnt do a balance transfer. Spoke to a friend in the know and he advised use my old Post Office credit card to do the balance transfer as it will still be linked, and it worked!   Hope this helps someone escape JaJa