Weโ€™d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are โ€“ or become โ€“ political in nature may be removed in line with the Forumโ€™s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

๐Ÿ“จ Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

ยฃ2 Savers Club for 2021

1…2829313334…49

Comments

  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,835 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Sallyp2 said:
    ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ
    5 ยฃ2 coins after shopping at town market today. Have reached/exceeded my target ๐Ÿ‘ ยฃ148/ยฃ144
    Two coins have images not seen before
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ congratulations Sallyp2 on achieving your target. Here is your gold medal. ๐Ÿฅ‡ ๐Ÿ‘
    2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
    2025 Frugal challenge
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,835 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    How is everyone doing against their target... we are nearly half way through the challenge
    ย Grumpyoldmoo ยฃ150
    3. Katie_J ยฃ150
    4. Claremyloveย 
    5. Ms_W. Picture coins
    6. Nellie75 ยฃ450
    7.ย Lookafterthepennies2020 ยฃ100
    8.ย Marie678 ยฃ500
    9.ย Stickythestickinsect ยฃ104
    10. Lindsaygalaxy ยฃ150
    11. SallyP2 ยฃ144๐Ÿฅ‡
    12. Haggis4
    13. Westie ยฃ100
    14. CazzieLT ยฃ200
    15. Dig for Victory - 10 picture & 20 plain
    16. Keedie ยฃ250
    17. Rdpncp ยฃ250
    18. StokieBecks ยฃ300
    19. 2sonmum ยฃ200
    2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
    2025 Frugal challenge
  • Sallyp2
    Sallyp2 Posts: 638 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic
    Gem-gem said:
    Sallyp2 said:
    ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ
    5 ยฃ2 coins after shopping at town market today. Have reached/exceeded my target ๐Ÿ‘ ยฃ148/ยฃ144
    Two coins have images not seen before
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ congratulations Sallyp2 on achieving your target. Here is your gold medal. ๐Ÿฅ‡ ๐Ÿ‘
    Thanks babes - cannot believe my recent hauls. I am trying to pay cash as much as possible which has helped. I donโ€™t know whether to carry on or go int reverse and see how fast I can spend it ๐Ÿ’ฐ
    July NSD 10/18
    July Grocery challenge ยฃ76.08/ยฃ279 = ยฃ202.92 rem

    w/c 8 June 4 weekly cold turkey week ยฃ59.70/ยฃ60 = ยฃ0.30 rem / June NSD 18/18 / June Grocery challenge ยฃ424.19/ยฃ270 = ยฃ154.19 over
    w/c 11 May cold turkey week ยฃ49.18/ยฃ50 = ยฃ0.82 rem /ย May NSD 20/16 /ย May Grocery challenge ยฃ379.04/ยฃ310 = ยฃ69.04 over

    Debt-Free April 2026
  • CazzieLT
    CazzieLT Posts: 373 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 13 June 2021 at 10:27AM
    Hello searchers and savers! #14 checking in!

    Although I've been trying not to spend anything as much as I possibly can, I have been trying to pay cash for essential spends and I've managed to get my hands on 4 lovely plain ยฃ2 beauties to finally hit 25% of my target at ยฃ50! Looking forward to receiving my first medal! We are indeed nearly halfway through the challenge but I am hoping to start to use cash a bit more, and certainly when I go on holiday, so I'm still going to do my best to chase that target! Well done to everyone for some amazing achievements despite the world being against us right now! And a big thank you to Gem-gem for running the challenge for us all :smiley: xxx
    House Deposit Fund - ยฃ30,000 / Fees Fund - ยฃ5,000
    Furniture Fund - ยฃ2,500 / White Goods Fund - ยฃ2,500 / Flooring Fund - ยฃ2,500
    Emergency Fund - ยฃ7,500
    365 Day Penny Challenge 2026 - ยฃ622.35/ยฃ667.95 (Holiday Fund)
    52 Week Card Challenge 2026 - ยฃ283/ยฃ400 (Christmas Fund)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club for 2026 - ยฃ44/ยฃ200 (Fun Fund)
    Make ยฃ2,026 in 2026 (#11) - ยฃ2,199.02/ยฃ2,026 (Home Emergency Fund)
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,835 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Sallyp2 said:
    Gem-gem said:
    Sallyp2 said:
    ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ
    5 ยฃ2 coins after shopping at town market today. Have reached/exceeded my target ๐Ÿ‘ ยฃ148/ยฃ144
    Two coins have images not seen before
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ congratulations Sallyp2 on achieving your target. Here is your gold medal. ๐Ÿฅ‡ ๐Ÿ‘
    Thanks babes - cannot believe my recent hauls. I am trying to pay cash as much as possible which has helped. I donโ€™t know whether to carry on or go int reverse and see how fast I can spend it ๐Ÿ’ฐ
    Hi Sallyp2,
    If you have something in particular that you were saving for eg a piece of furniture then buy it. But if you do not need the money then I would continue to save.ย 
    What would others do?ย 
    2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
    2025 Frugal challenge
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,835 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    CazzieLT said:
    Hello searchers and savers! #14 checking in!

    Although I've been trying not to spend anything as much as I possibly can, I have been trying to pay cash for essential spends and I've managed to get my hands on 4 lovely plain ยฃ2 beauties to finally hit 25% of my target at ยฃ50! Looking forward to receiving my first medal! We are indeed nearly halfway through the challenge but I am hoping to start to use cash a bit more, and certainly when I go on holiday, so I'm still going to do my best to chase that target! Well done to everyone for some amazing achievements despite the world being against us right now! And a big thank you to Gem-gem for running the challenge for us all :smiley: xxx
    Hi CassieLT,ย 
    Congratulations on achieving 25% of your target. Here is your first medal. ๐ŸŽ–
    Good to hear that you are still going for the target. Good luck. ๐Ÿ‘
    2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
    2025 Frugal challenge
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,835 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 13 June 2021 at 9:48PM
    ยฃ2 Savers list

    1. Gem-gem ยฃ200 ๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿฅˆ
    2. Grumpyoldmoo ยฃ150 ๐ŸŽ–
    3. Katie_J ยฃ150
    4. Claremyloveย 
    5. Ms_W. Picture coins
    6. Nellie75 ยฃ450
    7.ย Lookafterthepennies2020 ยฃ100
    8.ย Marie678 ยฃ500
    9.ย Stickythestickinsect ยฃ104
    10. Lindsaygalaxy ยฃ150
    11. SallyP2 ยฃ144 ๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿฅ‡
    12. Haggis4
    13. Westie ยฃ100
    14. CazzieLT ยฃ200 ๐ŸŽ–
    15. Dig for Victory - 10 picture & 20 plain
    16. Keedie ยฃ250
    17. Rdpncp ยฃ250
    18. StokieBecks ยฃ300
    19. 2sonmum ยฃ200
    I have also been putting a medal next to your name on post - number 2. Have I missed anyone's? If so please let me know.ย 
    2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
    2025 Frugal challenge
  • Nellie75
    Nellie75 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic
    Gem-gem said:
    Sallyp2 said:
    Gem-gem said:
    Sallyp2 said:
    ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ
    5 ยฃ2 coins after shopping at town market today. Have reached/exceeded my target ๐Ÿ‘ ยฃ148/ยฃ144
    Two coins have images not seen before
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ congratulations Sallyp2 on achieving your target. Here is your gold medal. ๐Ÿฅ‡ ๐Ÿ‘
    Thanks babes - cannot believe my recent hauls. I am trying to pay cash as much as possible which has helped. I donโ€™t know whether to carry on or go int reverse and see how fast I can spend it ๐Ÿ’ฐ
    Hi Sallyp2,
    If you have something in particular that you were saving for eg a piece of furniture then buy it. But if you do not need the money then I would continue to save.ย 
    What would others do?ย 
    If Iย  had reached my target I would spend it on something but then carry on saving to see how many I could save. Well done Sally p2!
    So far this month I have managed 12 ยฃ2 coins. I will add it to my total at the end of the month.
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2024 #4 (ยฃ102/ยฃ300)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2023 #14 (ยฃ600/ยฃ250)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2022 #3 (ยฃ604/ยฃ250)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2021 #6 (ยฃ236/ยฃ250)ย ย ๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿฅ‰ย ๐Ÿฅˆ
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2020 #13 (ยฃ438/ยฃ250)

  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,835 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 13 June 2021 at 9:49PM
    ยฃ2 Savers list

    1. Gem-gem ยฃ200 ๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿฅˆ
    2. Grumpyoldmoo ยฃ150 ๐ŸŽ–
    3. Katie_J ยฃ150
    4. Claremyloveย 
    5. Ms_W. Picture coins
    6. Nellie75 ยฃ250
    7.ย Lookafterthepennies2020 ยฃ100
    8.ย Marie678 ยฃ500
    9.ย Stickythestickinsect ยฃ104
    10. Lindsaygalaxy ยฃ150
    11. SallyP2 ยฃ144๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿฅ‡
    12. Haggis4
    13. Westie ยฃ100
    14. CazzieLT ยฃ200 ๐ŸŽ–
    15. Dig for Victory - 10 picture & 20 plain
    16. Keedie ยฃ250
    17. Rdpncp ยฃ250
    18. StokieBecks ยฃ300
    19. 2sonmum ยฃ200

    Nellie75, I have changed your target to ยฃ250 as you wrote the other day.ย 
    Any idea how many you have?ย 
    2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
    2025 Frugal challenge
  • Nellie75
    Nellie75 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic
    Thanks. ยฃ102 which includes the coins collected so far this month.
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2024 #4 (ยฃ102/ยฃ300)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2023 #14 (ยฃ600/ยฃ250)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2022 #3 (ยฃ604/ยฃ250)
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2021 #6 (ยฃ236/ยฃ250)ย ย ๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿฅ‰ย ๐Ÿฅˆ
    ยฃ2 Savers Club 2020 #13 (ยฃ438/ยฃ250)

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

๐Ÿš€ Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.