🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What is the best Debit or Credit card design?

Options

Comments

• Lightning360
    Options
    Nice tweets from Virgin Money and TSB about their portrait card differences - Virgin Money on Twitter: "What do you reckon @TSB? That view looks good to us 😉" / Twitter
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice tweets from Virgin Money and TSB about their portrait card differences - Virgin Money on Twitter: "What do you reckon @TSB? That view looks good to us 😉" / Twitter
    Personally, I'm not a fan of portrait cards; I prefer them in landscape, but I'd say the Virgin debit card is definitely upside down.
  • Lightning360
    Options
    EarthBoy said:
    Personally, I'm not a fan of portrait cards; I prefer them in landscape, but I'd say the Virgin debit card is definitely upside down.
    I do prefer the look of the notch being at the top, but it does seem to be upside down with respect to actually using the card.
  • Lightning360
    Options
    I just got my Virgin Money debit card. This is my first portrait card design. I do really like it. It is simple but works well and I like all the information being on the pack. I think the portrait card design will take some time to get used to as it does make the card look smaller for some reason.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I noticed AMEX are starting to turn to portrait designs, albeit on one business card so far only.
  • GalacticaActual
    Options
    HSBC are changing the design of their Debit Cards, as per the HSBC Connect email I received yesterday (21st June 2021). The lions will be replaced with a giant HSBC logo!  :/ 

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,635 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a shame, the lions were really classy I thought.

Not sure about having the HSBC logo twice, and once with the inner triangles filled in. Also a bit uneven with the chip, small logo and writing up top but just the Visa logo at the bottom.
  • adamp87
    adamp87 Posts: 870 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    HSBC are changing the design of their Debit Cards, as per the HSBC Connect email I received yesterday (21st June 2021). The lions will be replaced with a giant HSBC logo!  :/ 

I must have missed the connect email myself was there an option to provide feedback?

I think the lion is a really good design and would have gone nicely in the middle. The logo just looks a bit naff sitting in the center
  • GalacticaActual
    Options
    adamp87 said:

I must have missed the connect email myself was there an option to provide feedback?

I think the lion is a really good design and would have gone nicely in the middle. The logo just looks a bit naff sitting in the center

I can’t see an option to provide feedback in the email unfortunately.

It would appear they’ve done their research and gone ahead with the new design. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 June 2021 at 10:34PM
    Options
    adamp87 said:

I can’t see an option to provide feedback in the email unfortunately.

It would appear they’ve done their research and gone ahead with the new design. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    Drop them a tweet on Twitter 

https://mobile.twitter.com/HSBC/status/1384575113585205251

I’m surprised they have followed suit and moved over to debit MasterCard like First Direct 
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family