What is the best Debit or Credit card design?

Options
I admit this is a pointless discussion, but for some reason I am interested in what people find are the best looking cards.

The best one has to be the HSBC designs. All of them look so good. The colours work really well together and the lion looks so good. I might not like a lot about HSBC, but they do know how to design good debit/credit cards.
My least favourite is the Halifax one. Why did they decide that having a grey bar down the side would look good? It just looks ugly in my opinion.
I have accounts with both Nationwide and Santander. Both of their cards are simple but still look good in my opinion. Not the best, but not the worst.

Comments

• Atlas234
    Atlas234 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Monzo for me, not so much a design but just the colour
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I preferred them when they had pictures on.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 December 2020 at 5:19PM
    Options
    There used to be hundreds of designs to choose from, and pretty much every main charity had a credit card as a fundraiser. I quite liked some of the Woodland Trust's tree designs.
    To be honest, though, if it actually gave a decent cashback rate like the olds days I'd quite happily use a credit card with a picture of a turd on it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I admit this is a pointless discussion, but for some reason I am interested in what people find are the best looking cards.

The best one has to be the HSBC designs. All of them look so good. The colours work really well together and the lion looks so good. I might not like a lot about HSBC, but they do know how to design good debit/credit cards.
    My least favourite is the Halifax one. Why did they decide that having a grey bar down the side would look good? It just looks ugly in my opinion.
    I have accounts with both Nationwide and Santander. Both of their cards are simple but still look good in my opinion. Not the best, but not the worst.
    These are my newest cards I have received recently
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 December 2020 at 6:46PM
    Options
    My least favourite is the Halifax one.

I have a huge collection of Debit/Credit cards for, err hum, some reason.
    HSBC Lion gets my top vote
    I don't like the super brightly coloured Monzo card, need to wear shades for that. I'm also not a fan of the portrait orientation of Virgin Money and Starling.

For the worst one, M&S get my vote, who came up with this hidious monstrosity? :#

Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • Lightning360
    Options

These are my newest cards I have received recently
    Those Halifax ones are definitely better than this Debit Card from them.

Vertical cards are certainly becoming more common although I'm not sure I am 100% won over by them yet.
    I am actually loving that Santander card! Simple but unique. Love it!
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who remenbers National & Provincial which i believe offered picture cards many moons ago
  • Lightning360
    Options
    My least favourite is the Halifax one.

I have a huge collection of Debit/Credit cards for, err hum, some reason.
    HSBC Lion gets my top vote
    I don't like the super brightly coloured Monzo card, need to wear shades for that. I'm also not a fan of the portrait orientation of Virgin Money and Starling.

For the worst one, M&S get my vote, who came up with this hidious monstrosity? :#

That M&S card is a mess. What were they thinking when they came up with that?!

I think the problem with portrait cards for me is that they are too small. It sounds a bit strange but for me, things that small don't look quite right in portrait.
  • williewonder
    Options
    I quite like the Nationwide Flex-Plus debit card. 
  • Lightning360
    Options
    I quite like the Nationwide Flex-Plus debit card. 
    I'm not a fan of it being silver/grey. I just find it a bit boring.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback