Options

Comments

• burner04
    Options
    Tumbleweed....
    nice try mse, but yet again too late to the part e
  • dunnboer
    Options
    I am rather disappointed by this offer and Virgin's response to my complaint. I was tempted by the wine and applied for the account online (18 November). As part of the application I was asked when I wanted the transfer to take place ( December 7th) and this happened on that date without any problem. I satisfied the direct debit requirement and opened the linked savings account on 29th December and installed the phone app. No wine voucher appeared and after repeated enquiries I was told that I was ineligible as more than 31 days had elapsed between opening the account and paying into the linked savings a/c. I had presumed that the clock started when the transfer happened but Virgin use the date I set the account up hence no wine. They have offered £50 compensation for telling me that I had satisfied all the requirements on the first 2 times I asked where the wine had got to. I feel cheated! I will not be staying with Virgin!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Take your £50, put the rest down to experience and learn that you have to read the T&Cs.
  • grumiofoundation
    Options
    dunnboer said:
    I am rather disappointed by this offer and Virgin's response to my complaint. I was tempted by the wine and applied for the account online (18 November). As part of the application I was asked when I wanted the transfer to take place ( December 7th) and this happened on that date without any problem. I satisfied the direct debit requirement and opened the linked savings account on 29th December and installed the phone app. No wine voucher appeared and after repeated enquiries I was told that I was ineligible as more than 31 days had elapsed between opening the account and paying into the linked savings a/c. I had presumed that the clock started when the transfer happened but Virgin use the date I set the account up hence no wine. They have offered £50 compensation for telling me that I had satisfied all the requirements on the first 2 times I asked where the wine had got to. I feel cheated! I will not be staying with Virgin!
    I'd rather have £50 than the wine, might have to consider not reading Ts and Cs from now on.
  • qwert10
    qwert10 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah I got £50 compensation plus the wine too!! happy days!
  • raindropsy
    Options
    Hi guys, I've applied for VM but they couldn't check my record!  I move bank account every year for rewards and this never happened before. Anyway they send me a letter with verifying codes that don't work ( this made me rather suspicious) as I class this unusual behaviour especially from a Bank???
    I decided to google it and this is what I found out 
     https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/uk.virginmoney.com

Should I finish my application or ignore it half way through?  Will this effect my impeccable credit score record??
    Anyway I wanted to bring it to your attention that this sounds like too much hassle and Martin should know and perhaps not advertise this one so much.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 January 2021 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Martin doesn't read this forum, and there is nothing wrong with him / the MSE website listing the Virgin offer, and by the sounds of it, you might become one of them. Countless numbers of MSE users have successfully made use of the offer. One or two of them could not be identified electronically, and reported they were sent verification codes etc. You appear to be one of these few. Such things happen. Your credit score (a relatively meaningless number) won't be materially affected by you continuing with the application. 
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    My application was successful and I got my wine last week.  My wifes application has been a nightmare as they keep saying we haven't provided them

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback