Virgin Money launches 'free wine' switching offer - MSE News

Options
2»

Comments

• Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I needed a verification code, sent in the post, to finalize my application. It came within two days, I reckon it was an address check to make sure I live at the address given. Who knows why they do that, I've been here 45 years but fair enough not a problem.
    Subsequently opened another account with them, everything has gone smoothly, transfers, switching etc can't understand how others have had so many problems and looking at that review site.
    Was also reading (totally off topic) reviews of Virgin Media yesterday, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole reading the reviews. I've been with them around 15 years, only had to complain once about the crap internet speed a a TV box which was exchanged in s couple of days. Apart from that and of course the haggle stuff over prices, can't really say they are an horror company to deal with, much the opposite.
  • RhysLivesy
    Options
    BE AWARE when switching to a new joint account, with the wines offer - the switching service can't been done online - has to be by phone.  I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL THEM FOR OVER THREE WEEKS and hang up after waiting 26 minutes, 15 minutes, 6 minutes etc.  Got through today.  Now being told the switch, in 9 days, will be outside of the 31 days requirement for the wines offer.  This is after me manually switching a load of direct debits (not as easy as it sounds during Covid) and fulfilling all their other requirements.  Awaiting a review of it and have to call back in 10 days.  If they decline I won't be transferring more savings over or staying with this account - just seems unfair (spent hours on this) and a cheap marketing stunt, when it's all due to their poor service issues.  Would rather switch again.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BE AWARE when switching to a new joint account, with the wines offer - the switching service can't been done online - has to be by phone.  I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL THEM FOR OVER THREE WEEKS and hang up after waiting 26 minutes, 15 minutes, 6 minutes etc.  Got through today.  Now being told the switch, in 9 days, will be outside of the 31 days requirement for the wines offer.  This is after me manually switching a load of direct debits (not as easy as it sounds during Covid) and fulfilling all their other requirements.  Awaiting a review of it and have to call back in 10 days.  If they decline I won't be transferring more savings over or staying with this account - just seems unfair (spent hours on this) and a cheap marketing stunt, when it's all due to their poor service issues.  Would rather switch again.
    You must have answered "no" to the question about switching an account in the application form.

You can only hope they will make a goodwill exception for you.
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was interested in this offer - but I am not eligible as I have a Yorkshire bank current account.

• grandadgolfer
    grandadgolfer Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 August 2022 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but does anybody know how often virgin red have a sale, switched accounts to them for the wine offer and at the time 12 bottle cases of wine were 16000 points in sale normally 19000. Of course the sale ended before my switch this April and was hoping another would be along soon but nothing so far 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but does anybody know how often virgin red have a sale, switched accounts to them for the wine offer and at the time 12 bottle cases of wine were 16000 points in sale normally 19000. Of course the sale ended before my switch April this and was hoping another would be along soon but nothing so far 
    You would do better posting in one of the subs for shopping or offers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure