Simon Mayo PPI reclaim

We put in a PPI claim before the deadline. We had an email from Simon Mayo stating that Lloyds confirmed we had one. Months and months went by and today we get an email saying that because Lloyds haven't answered subsequent emails, they want to close the case.
I have obviously emailed Simon, but what is the next step?? Ombudsman? Where do I find these details?
Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Is this Simon Mayo fella the same as the ‘Reclaim PPI’ CMC? It seems odd they would be happy to close a complaint (not a claim BTW) just because the lender wasn’t responding to emails. They’ve either not sent your complaint on time and are trying to just close it off without further questions or there’s something else they’re not telling you.

have you spoke to Lloyds to find out what the cráic is? That would be my first port of call.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Did you put in a PPI complaint or did the claims company just check if you had PPI or not?
    If you made a complaint, you would get a letter explaining the complaints process, what they perceive your complaint to be about and explain the Financial ombudsman service.  Did you get that letter?

I wonder if they just made an enquiry if you had PPI or not and didn't actually put a complaint in.  Its unusual for a CMC to just close the case like that without chasing out.  On the plus side, you should keep that letter as if Lloyds complete the complaint and redress is payable the CMC wont need to be paid as they ended their service.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh said:
    Did you put in a PPI complaint or did the claims company just check if you had PPI or not?
    If you made a complaint, you would get a letter explaining the complaints process, what they perceive your complaint to be about and explain the Financial ombudsman service.  Did you get that letter?

I wonder if they just made an enquiry if you had PPI or not and didn't actually put a complaint in.  Its unusual for a CMC to just close the case like that without chasing out.  On the plus side, you should keep that letter as if Lloyds complete the complaint and redress is payable the CMC wont need to be paid as they ended their service.

The claims company had checked to see if we had PPI. We had the email to say that we did with Lloyds. When we sign into our portal on Simon mayo site, we can see they have checked for updates with Lloyds on a monthly basis. They are now saying that, because Lloyds haven't responded, Simon Mayo wish to close the claim. Where does that leave us? Obviously we cannot put in another claim and feel this is wrong of Simon Mayo.
    Should we know put in a complaint to an ombudsmen?
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You can’t refer anything to the ombudsman if there hasn’t been a complaint made. What exactly are you looking to escalate?

I ask again, have you spoken with Lloyds yourself? Ignore the CMC’s information as generally if they told me the sky was blue, I’d look up to double check.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonh
     Where does that leave us? 

What you describe sounds like the CMC never raised the complaint.

1 - no letter from the bank confirming your complaint (that is sent direct to you)

2 - CMC not chasing it up (possibly realising that they never submitted the complaint so nothing to chase)

3 - No holding letters or any response from Lloyds.

Should we know put in a complaint to an ombudsmen?

You do not have access to the FOS unless you have submitted a complaint.

You could contact Lloyds directly and ask them for a progress update.   They will either have one or they will tell you that they have no record of a complaint.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Is this the Classic FM guy? 
  • No the Radio2 guy
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,801 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    No the Radio2 guy
    Ex radio 2 guy lol, got pushed out last year.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • dunstonh
    Radio 5 still...just.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 November 2020 at 9:45AM
    Scala Radio guy...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business