Euro Car Park PCN received for rental car

Hi Folks,
I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks, members of the BPA, for a rental car having inadvertanently entered the wrong registratation.  The rental company have forwarded this to me (at a cost of £35).  I have evidence that I did pay using the wrong registration (my own vehicle's).  I have read through the FAQs but I'm struggling to understand if I should appeal, and whether given that it is a rental car, it is possible to avoid implicating myself as driver.  My apologies if this is covered in the general FAQ but I have been studying it for quite a while I am conscious that my deadline to appeal is the 31st.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the bottom of the newbies FAQ sticky thread post 1

Use one of the Edna basher template appeals as hirer , no blabbing about who was driving , not to anyone
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, sometimes it can lead to cancellation.,

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers. On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, and hopefully this will become law shortly

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 29 October 2020 at 6:53PM
    MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2020 at 6:53PM
    .... as above re. Edna Basher template and also make sure you identify as hirer or, failing that, keeper (a hirer is a 'day to day keeper' not the Registered keeper.)
  • turgidstropturgidstrop Forumite
    30 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thank you for your patience with my questions!   So should I modify the template to explain the mistake "the driver" made or just send it "as is" with the relevant parking company details?
  • edited 30 October 2020 at 2:00PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2020 at 2:00PM
    If you think mentioning the driver's error will help then by all means include it, but I doubt it will make any difference.
    The template is written to ensure the driver's identity is not revealed or implied. Change it at your peril.

Did the hire company just send the PCN to you, or did they do what they are supposed to have been doing for the last eight years and told the scammers the hirer's details to transfer liability so that the hirer has received a NTH in their own name?
    If they haven't done this then they have not followed the correct procedure by following the PoFA 2012, but the hirer still needs to deal with this by sending the template.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    30 Posts
    Hi Fruitcake, thanks for the prompt reply.  Yes the hire company gave the Euro Car Parks my details and issued a NTH in my name.
    30 Posts
    So, sorry if I am misunderstanding this but these templates are challenging the PCN on the grounds of insufficient signage and not correctly following procedure relating to the issuing of the PCN.  Do these templates still apply if I am not appealing on these grounds (the date of event and date of issue are 24 days apart)?  And what grounds should I be appealing on?  Isa the aim here merely to obtain a POPLA code?  Thanks in advance!
  • edited 30 October 2020 at 4:22PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2020 at 4:22PM
    But the Edna Basher templates do not discuss signage, do they?
  • edited 30 October 2020 at 4:49PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2020 at 4:49PM
    You are looking at the ordinary template for non-hire car cases.    That's not the one you were directed to use.

We won't link the one we mean because we always want newbie posters to get confident about how to use the forum.  Search the NEWBIES thread (Control & F) for 'Edna'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    30 Posts
    Thank you Keith and Coupon-mad.  I think I understand which part of the thread you are referring to: there are 3 links above where it says "Thanks to Edna Basher for the template appeals above." Where I was confused is that not all of those were attributed to Edna.  So presumably the one you are referring to is this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69859059#post69859059
    which I understand to be appealing on the grounds that the operator have not followed proper procedures and timescales with regard to supplying the rental company with the PCN.  So my question is, does is apply in my case or should I be adjusting the template to better fit my circumstances?   I was advised of the citation by the rental comany on 28/9/20 and I my NTH was issued 10/10/20.  
    Thanks in advance!