IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Not sure I have any way out of this fine at CC stage

edited 21 December 2020 at 1:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
60 replies 841 views
12346»

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    28.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we'll just have to assume you have filed a Defence.
  • ChanelleyChanelley Forumite
    26 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    KeithP said:
    I guess we'll just have to assume you have filed a Defence.
    Yes I have filed a defence for both cases. The case this letter is in response to is about the first case which I've done the directions questionnaire to.
    26 Posts
    I am emailing the below. Thoughts?
    Good evening 

I have received your letter with interest. You refer to case G9???? and there is also a case under G7???? which I am asking the court to link together.

I note that you would like to drop the charges you are claiming to £180 for one case. I will not be accepting this offer as I have a strong case and will be attending small claims court. 

However, if you would like to save further costs from being incurred, I'm happy for us to both walk away from this with no money paid to either party for both cases listed in the subject. 

Please let me know if you would be happy to do this.
    26 Posts
    Chanelley said:
    I am emailing the below. Thoughts?
    Good evening 

I have received your letter with interest. You refer to case G9???? and there is also a case under G7???? which I am asking the court to link together.

I note that you would like to drop the charges you are claiming to £180 for one case. I will not be accepting this offer as I have a strong case and will be attending small claims court. 

However, if you would like to save further costs from being incurred, I'm happy for us to both walk away from this with no money paid to either party for both cases listed in the subject. 

Please let me know if you would be happy to do this.
    Is this ok?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not finish it in such an open-ended manner, rather I would give them a timescale for a reply - say 7 days.  Also I would rewrite it in a business-like style, starting off with Dear Sirs and finishing yours faithfully.
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, always make letters like this timebound. 
    26 Posts
    Had the first of two court hearings this morning. Lost due to not providing enough evidence to support bad signs posting. I will now have to provide much better evidence for the second hearing. Gamble didn't pay off not settling as I've had to pay £260 for one case. I need to prove that you have to drive through one car park to get to the other, but neither companies who owned the land in 2019 own it anymore. How can I evidence this?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chanelley said:
    Had the first of two court hearings this morning. Lost due to not providing enough evidence to support bad signs posting. I will now have to provide much better evidence for the second hearing. Gamble didn't pay off not settling as I've had to pay £260 for one case. I need to prove that you have to drive through one car park to get to the other, but neither companies who owned the land in 2019 own it anymore. How can I evidence this?
    Did that include the falsely added £60 for debt administration?  To get proof, you could take photos or you could do a walk-through (so you don't get another PCN) with your phone on record.  You will have to get permission to send the video to the court and claimant. For the second case, have you not filed and served a witness statement yet?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not liable for false added debt recovery costs (that were never incurred) and your defence dealt with that so how on earth did that happen?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD