IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Not sure I have any way out of this fine at CC stage

edited 21 December 2020 at 1:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
60 replies 841 views

Replies

• edited 19 November 2020 at 7:22PM
    ChanelleyChanelley Forumite
    26 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 19 November 2020 at 7:22PM
    Good evening all. I've filed AoS and am working on defence. Is the below ok?

2.       It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper of the vehicle in question but liability is denied. The Defendant also admits that they were the driver of the vehicle. 

3.           In ?? train station car park, there are two operating companies who share the land. The signs to clarify which company owns which part of the station are unclear. Therefore, the Defendant saw the SABA logo and paid in cash at the pay and display. When the Defendant received the ticket, the Defendant called NCP and were told that this was not a valid excuse and the fine still stood, regardless of paying £9 to park in the station that day. This is a complete scam clearly done to confuse and garner money from rushing commuters who are not going to have the time to clearly define boundary lines between two operating companies who share the same car park.

To add: they have also sent me a letter today saying if I don't call them to arrange to pay the money they are taking a county court claim out for, they will take out a CCJ on me - despite me not being found guilty in any court yet!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    owns 
    No, neither PPC owns the car park.  Remove this sentence because it wasn't for you to 'define boundary lines', it was for the PPC:
    This is a complete scam clearly done to confuse and garner money from rushing commuters who are not going to have the time to clearly define boundary lines between two operating companies who share the same car park.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 19 November 2020 at 7:30PM
    26 Posts
    edited 19 November 2020 at 7:30PM
    Thanks @Coupon-mad.
    So: In ?? train station car park, there are two operating companies who share the land. The signs to clarify which company handles which part of the car park are unclear. Therefore, the Defendant saw the SABA logo and paid in cash at the pay and display. When the Defendant received the ticket, the Defendant called NCP and was told that this was not a valid excuse and the fine still stood, regardless of paying £9 to park in the station that day. 

Do I add anything else about their harassing letters? Do I need to provide picture proof or anything else? Or just send this as it?
  • edited 19 November 2020 at 7:56PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    28.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 November 2020 at 7:56PM
    Which railway station is being discussed here?

Has it been mentioned previously on this forum?
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a fine so change that to charge or invoice. Calling it a fine gives it an air of legitimacy. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ChanelleyChanelley Forumite
    26 Posts
    KeithP said:

I put it in originally but then removed it as it potentially identifies me.
  • ChanelleyChanelley Forumite
    26 Posts
    Fruitcake said:
    It is not a fine so change that to charge or invoice. Calling it a fine gives it an air of legitimacy. 
    Ok done! Anything else I should add or attach with it?
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    28.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chanelley said:
    KeithP said:

I put it in originally but then removed it as it potentially identifies me.

And when you searched, did you find any other mention of the station on the forum?

I am puzzled. Unless you are the only person to receive a ticket at that particular station, how can you be identified?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PPC know who you are as they have sent you PCNs, a letter before claim and now, a county court claim form.  They are going to see your defence when it is sent to them from CCBC.  The only reason we advise posters to keep things vague is if there is an issue with not being the driver.
  • edited 23 November 2020 at 10:15AM
    26 Posts
    edited 23 November 2020 at 10:15AM
    Thanks - not worried about being identified by the PPC. More so just keeping my own identity secure online given my job. Do you need to know the station in order to help me with the defence? Happy to include it if necessary.