Easyjet not offering a refund

Options
I have flights booked to and from Amsterdam in December which due to the quarantine I now dont want to take. Easyjet are very generous offering vouchers, BUT they have recently cancelled my return flight and transferred me to a different one a few hours earlier. My original flight 1836 is not flying any more, I am now on flight 1834.

My reading of the rules says that I should be offered a full refund, which I would prefer to a voucher, as who knows when I will use them again.
I have spoken to Easyjet three times and each time they tell me "your flight hasnt been cancelled, you have been transferred." That exact wording.
They do not reply to contact forms I have filled in and emails even to the email address on their website are returned as undeliverable.

Legally, should I be offered a full refund ?

Thanks
Shaun Southern

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have you followed through the process on the covid hub on their website?
    https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus/online-support/q0
    For a cancelled flight that has been rebooked onto another flight it comes up with these options (which includes refund)
    https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus/online-support/q18
  • shaunsouthern
    Options
    I have done that, yet when I rang up to check that I would get a full refund, the agents I spoke to - three separate ones - all told me that I could have a voucher or choose another flight. I asked for a full refund and they said "no, my flight hasn't been cancelled, I've been transferred". I have applied for a refund online, but I want to know the situation if they deny it, as seems likely from talking to the agents. They simply do not reply to emails or contact forms, even ones I've sent a month ago.
  • Falkirkgal
    Options
    I used this email address esupport @easyjet.com to get a response from easyJet and they replied overnight and confirmed my refund . Is this one that you tried?

• Jetter
    Jetter Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would try a chargeback if you paid by debit card (you have 120 days from departure to make claim) or Section 74 for debit or credit card.  Get as much written evidence I.e. emails, screenshots of cancellation and change of flight (I think the term is that the contract has been “frustrated”) and you are entitled to a refund.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback