Post Office Broadband.....Awful....please help!!!

Options
I switched from EE to Post Office a few months ago. The service is terrible. Very unstable connection. Constantly loosing connection. Very slow. Always buffering. It’s rubbish! 

And.....the customer service is even worse than the terrible broadband service. Today I spoke to a man who gave me a few random ideas that could possibly help (which didn’t help) and then suggested that I ask someone who is “good with electrics” to come over to my flat and have a look at the connection box thing in the wall. Please can someone help me? Surely they should send one of their technicians/engineers out? I don’t know anyone who is good with electrics. 

I’m to angry to be able to put together a coherent argument to explain why this isn’t acceptable. Can anyone advise me what to say?

I would just move to another provider....and even just pay Post Office broadband for the rest of the contract and cut my losses ....but I don’t know what to do....I don’t know who to go with next! neither fibre broadband or 5g is available in my area yet. And I’m also in a bit of a mobile phone network grey area....can only get a mediocre signal/connection from both EE and ID.

it’s really important to me right now because I’m living alone not working, I’m isolated and have serious mental health problems.....and currently almost all of the support is online. It’s really affecting my health.

I could sort of understand this if I lived in a remote rural location....but I live in the city centre in a fairly large city 😭

any advice please??

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 October 2020 at 1:01PM
    Options
    How are you connected wifi or Ethernet cable to the devices that are buffering .
    What connection speed are you on .
    (
    Surely they should send one of their technicians/engineers out)
    Yes but if home owners fault charge is £130- £175 .

(And I’m also in a bit of a mobile phone network grey area....can only get a mediocre signal/connection from both EE and ID.)
    Grab other network sim cards and check for better signal

• Pete99
    Pete99 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I switched to them 9 months ago, before I was with PlusNet and getting around 13Mbps stable connection, with PO Broadband lucky to reach 9Mbps and it seems that most days the line goes dead resetting the router, if you don't leave the router on you'll never achieve best speed, no idea what they're doing or why they're doing it but it's definitely not a line problem, if I was you only two months in I would tell them that you want to leave with no penalty because their service is unacceptable and see what they say.

• Pete99
    Options
    Just a point, you should have received an email around 30th of last month about price changes coming into effect 2 Nov from PO Broadband, If you did then you've got 30 days from the date of that email to switch with no penalty, you have to contact them to tell them you want to leave for some reason.
  • LindsayT
    LindsayT Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pete99 said:
    Just a point, you should have received an email around 30th of last month about price changes coming into effect 2 Nov from PO Broadband, If you did then you've got 30 days from the date of that email to switch with no penalty, you have to contact them to tell them you want to leave for some reason.
    The price increase from PO on 2nd Nov is for calls or call package, not broadband. They guarantee not to increase broadband charges for the duration of the contract. I'm with them and had no problems unlike the OP.
  • Pete99
    Options
    The option to leave covers the whole package, broadband and phone. this is a copy of the relevant part of the email sent to me,'If you’re not happy with these changes, you can leave without incurring any early termination charges, so if you wish to do this or would like to discuss your options, please contact us on 0345 373 0042* within 30 days of receiving this notification'.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP if you take the route above be aware that PO is just resold Talk Talk so pointless moving to them .
  • WednesdayAdams
    Options
    Thank you for the replies and advice. 
    I am going to try and leave PO. I did not know about the price change and option to leave (I probably overlooked that email)....so thank you very much I will look into that.

I am also tempted to follow the advice above and try various mobile sims, to see if I can find a good mobile signal. I’m stuck in a contract with ID Mobil for another year. But..... I might look into 4g home WiFi, instead of broadband.

I have a terrible credit rating due to a previous DRO so my options for switching providers are limited anyway 😣 

Thank you for all the advice anyway! Feeling slightly less overwhelmed with it now. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback