One tablet shared by 2 users

Options
Why can't two users in a family join this site using the same tablet/computer? 

Comments

203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why can't they?

You would need to log the first one out before the second one logged in, either that or use different browsers for each member.
  • minty777
    minty777 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Why can't they?

You would need to log the first one out before the second one logged in, either that or use different browsers for each member.
    Because you get banned because they say you have more than one account. 
    Options
    But if you are using 2 seperate email addresses to register then they wont know.
  • minty777
    Options
    But if you are using 2 seperate email addresses to register then they wont know.
    Yes you have to use 2 seperate email addresses as it won't let you join if an address is already registered. I think if two users have the same ip address they just ban one user.They presume it's one person. 
  • Hi_Fidelity
    Options
    Not true. I know I'm not the only person in my company who visits MSE ... we all (in the UK) arrive at the Internet via the same public IP address, which is the address MSE will see.
  • minty777
    Options
    Not true. I know I'm not the only person in my company who visits MSE ... we all (in the UK) arrive at the Internet via the same public IP address, which is the address MSE will see.
    Well I have this account and  brother had another account and he got banned for having more than one account. We only had an account each with different email addresses. 

• Mr_Spoon
    Mr_Spoon Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    This is wrong. Everyone in the entire company presents the same IP address to the outside world? Do you work in IT? 
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr_Spoon said:
    This is wrong. Everyone in the entire company presents the same IP address to the outside world? Do you work in IT? 
    Do you work in IT? This is not wrong. It's quite normal in anything other than a large company for everyone in an entire company to present the same IPv4 address to the outside world. If you don't understand how this works, you need to do some research into the concepts of internal network IP addresses and Network Address Translation.

• Mr_Spoon
    Mr_Spoon Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 8 October 2020 at 10:05PM
    Options
    fwor said:
    Mr_Spoon said:
    Do you work in IT? This is not wrong. It's quite normal in anything other than a large company for everyone in an entire company to present the same IPv4 address to the outside world. If you don't understand how this works, you need to do some research into the concepts of internal network IP addresses and Network Address Translation.

In the case of everyone connected to your single house router, yes, but not in a large company IT system with multiple routers, which was my point in the first place and something you seem to agree with anyway? 
    Options
    minty777 said:
    Well I have this account and  brother had another account and he got banned for having more than one account. We only had an account each with different email addresses. 

Did he get banned for having more than one account and you didn't?
    If it was the case of the ip address getting banned then you would have been banned as well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback