We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

1…527528530532533…1662

Comments

  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 5,200
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite
    Here you go - toms right now. And a strawb plant cos it just fits there rightly and it was protected from that wind :) 


  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 5,200
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite
    That's good news re your hedgerow Dusty. It'll soon be September and you can get cracked on eh :) Losing lovely long posts is a pain in the posteribum, I can empathise. What do you do in those fields that you don't want thistles/ragwort? Have you animals? 

    Another cracking pic. Don't think I'd fit that in my garden, sadly  :(


  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 5,200
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite
    And yes "Amen...especially the last bit!" 
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 5,200
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite
    I’m keeping all the hardcore bags to try and growi veg etc in next year (stop laughing at the back!) As for neighbours - I couldn’t possibly comment  o:)

    /me presses “save draft” while she go gets an almost relevant picture… 

    Possibly the best pic I’ll ever put up, and it’s not even mine :lol: 
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 5,200
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite
    And I wouldn’t worry about your toms pp. That’s practically what Ziggy’s looked like and his were fine :) 
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,718
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Possibly the best pic I’ll ever put up, and it’s not even mine :lol: 
    I don't quite know how to tell you this... but I can't see the picture. Just a blue x. Sorry. 


    I just had an email through from T&M offering snowdrops. Thought I'd ask - when exactly are we supposed to plant spring bulbs? 

    I'm considering snow drops, bluebells, snakes heads and those honey garlic plants Dusty mentioned a couple of months ago (if I can find them). 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.