We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Options

Comments

• YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Backbone - that's exactly it. I've too many little pretty plants that aren't going to get as big as I'd like. 

Have you properly damaged yourself Dusty? Enjoy the cool weather while you've got it. I've had enough of this hot sunshine summer malarky already, roll on autumn!  
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    Wow that’s a beautiful colour Farway! Deep Secret, I’ll have to look out for that one. 

Here’s my 2 labels. Both garden centre jobbers, and definitely good value for money. 

I thought yous were all down the bottom left corner. Daddy was a few years working down there, he always referred to it as the Isle of Widget. He loved it and was sorry they moved him. 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    While they're both a beautiful old fashioned fragrance, the pink is a ...thicker...? smell. 
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes Blue, it seemed to be an age! 
    First year I used lots of cheap and discounted plants and it was cheerey. 2nd year impatient because there was just too much fence. 3rd really was the business.
    Those are lovely healthy roses. Next year twice the size  :)

Ab,sorry to hear that.I get it first thing in the morning along with some other health stuff and think"enough already!"

Of course we post our best pics. I'll post the other side where the tree died and its been to wet/too dry to replant. 

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    Twice the size would do me rightly :smiley: Actually if everything could just triple in size please, that’d do me rightly! 

I need to start thinking about protective netting/fencing/coverings for my fruit and toms. Bladdy squirrels are bottomless pits 🤨 I got a sunflower bush the other day from the garden centre, they’ve picked some of the barely-opened buds off :rage: 

I need a gun.  And cooler weather…
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,257 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Quick visit with an update, watered the back as required, no rain of course & now sun is beating down.
    Deep Secret rose has a heavy scent, lovely IMO

With the sun, I leapt into action after lunch, slight exaggeration on "leapt". But I have planted up two new, square, large tubs at the front. Using the grow bags I never used from Home Bargains to fill them. The contents looked OK, friable & council tip debris free
    I've planted the cannas I grew from seed in them, plus the one squirrel left over. Watered in and tomorrow I'll sprinkle a few Persian Jewel Love in a Mist in there, and can't resist, a few radishes while at it

Nice chickens Dusty, a relief BFlu is past for the moment
    2P, I wonder if there is something lurking in your soil, where the plants aren't happy? Or maybe it's just the grotty end?
    Oh, and best pics, while watering I found my pot grown Muscat grape roots have been scoffed by, fittingly, Vine Weevils. It just pulled out of the pot when I checked this afternoon
    However, having put it safely to one side for photographing replanting later I seem to have, err, mislaid it :blush: . Can't find it anywhere, very odd as its small bush size. No doubt it is with the missing trowels, secateurs, hand forks etc
    I'll have another search later, I don't want it out of soil to dry out

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback